FJ25/FJ28 Original Hood Badge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
Edit:
I am making changes and planning to sell all my Land Cruiser parts except the 45 I have and a few parts for it. This emblem goes. If you are interested make me a reasonabl offer.

I was supper excited to have found this piece and even shared it here when I did. I had plans to incorporate it into my build on my dash panel but I could use some funds to put towards the project. It really does not belong on a fj45 anyway. I figure once it is gone I will probably never have a chance to get an original one again, so rather than hoard it, I am offering it for sale in this section only for a price that says I don't want to sell it hoping it goes on a nice restoration. Honestly I don't want to sell it but if anyone wants an original hard to find piece for their own restoration for what I am asking it is for sale. I know it is a lot to ask or a little piece but if you consider vadar/coned map lights are fetching in the 400s and they are a lot more common than this, this is not unreasonable. I am asking new price Listed it on ebay shipped in the lower 48. Outside the lower 48 and the buyer pays shipping. Paypal as a friend or I can take a check.

You can see in the pictures it is in pretty good shape. Both studs are intact with what look like the original nuts. There is some blemishes in the finish and you can see some surface rust on the back that did not clean up completely.

20180620_182655.jpg

20180620_182703.jpg

20180620_182713.jpg

Last edited:
I used to sell Vader lights for $40! Not sure what’s happened to the hobby, but it’s sad that cruisers are like owning and maintaining a Ferrari f40!

Whitey45,

I agree with you that the cost of these things is crazy, my first 40 series 10 years ago was an eye opening experience for me. I learned and lost a lot with that first 40 experience. I realize this forum has members with a range of resources to support this hobby which take many different directions to make their builds happen. What I learned was that I have to make this hobby at the very least come close to breaking even so I can play. I have been working on a project for 2.5 years now that is still a long way out partly because I have had to whore my mechanic services out to pay for my project the consequences are that I spend 3/4 of my time working others rigs rather than my own. If I was smarter I would build a Scout but I am diseased and love these land cruisers so I work extra hard to build what I like. I wish I would have been involved in this hobby when vadar lights were $40, oh the parts stash I would have if I could still buy a complete parts rig for a few hundred bucks, I can dream right. Depending on who you ask I would say the land cruiser is the Ferrari or at least the Porche of the 4x4 world, well everyone has their own flavor right. I wish they did not cost so much.

Please don't confuse my original post here. I am not actively trying to sell this piece anywhere else, I mentioned that I don't want to sell it but for things like that I feel almost anything has a price. If I never sell this piece I will happy to keep it as cool piece of land cruiser history. I would love to have a complete restored model of almost every vintage Land Cruiser but that will never happen. Where I cannot have a complete vehicle, pieces like this are satisfying just to have a little piece of that history. I realized they are really hard pieces to find and thought it could be better served on a real restoration rather than sitting on my shelf or bolted to my dash board. Personally I have paid 300.00 for reproduction emblems where original pieces are hidden in hoards or just not available. All I am trying do here is make it available rather than tucked away never to been seen again. I am just very attached to it as you can tell.

I am making changes and planning to sell all my Land Cruiser parts except the 45 I have and a few parts for it. This emblem goes. If you are interested make me a reasonabl offer.

Whitey45,

I agree with you that the cost of these things is crazy, my first 40 series 10 years ago was an eye opening experience for me. I learned and lost a lot with that first 40 experience. I realize this forum has members with a range of resources to support this hobby which take many different directions to make their builds happen. What I learned was that I have to make this hobby at the very least come close to breaking even so I can play. I have been working on a project for 2.5 years now that is still a long way out partly because I have had to whore my mechanic services out to pay for my project the consequences are that I spend 3/4 of my time working others rigs rather than my own. If I was smarter I would build a Scout but I am diseased and love these land cruisers so I work extra hard to build what I like. I wish I would have been involved in this hobby when vadar lights were $40, oh the parts stash I would have if I could still buy a complete parts rig for a few hundred bucks, I can dream right. Depending on who you ask I would say the land cruiser is the Ferrari or at least the Porche of the 4x4 world, well everyone has their own flavor right. I wish they did not cost so much.

Please don't confuse my original post here. I am not actively trying to sell this piece anywhere else, I mentioned that I don't want to sell it but for things like that I feel almost anything has a price. If I never sell this piece I will happy to keep it as cool piece of land cruiser history. I would love to have a complete restored model of almost every vintage Land Cruiser but that will never happen. Where I cannot have a complete vehicle, pieces like this are satisfying just to have a little piece of that history. I realized they are really hard pieces to find and thought it could be better served on a real restoration rather than sitting on my shelf or bolted to my dash board. Personally I have paid 300.00 for reproduction emblems where original pieces are hidden in hoards or just not available. All I am trying do here is make it available rather than tucked away never to been seen again. I am just very attached to it as you can tell.

I agree with you.I was lucky to be in some buying in the early 1990s. I would see FJ40s all the time, and the internet was just catching on. Now, the following has happened.

1.) 4X4 manufacturing has changed so the style of a 40 cannot even be sold here anymore. (New)
2.) The timeless design has really caught on causing prices to climb somewhat.
3.) The parts etc.. are going away and causing the same things to happen.

Also, to give a better perspective, My 1969 was 2300.00 new in 1969. If you use inflation calculator, that price in 2018 would be almost 16,000.00 dollars.

Inflation.PNG

Sub’d

Bump, I am selling everything, still have this.

Simone must need/want this. What is a reasonable price?

Bump

What are you looking for besides cash?

Humm, at the moment I am not looking for any specific. Let me think about what I could use. Anything specific you have and want to part with. 45 parts?

Government shut down bump. Cash would be nice.

I am considering placing this on eBay soon. Would prefer it go to a forum member. If you are interested send me an offer.

I listed this on ebay. If you are interested you can make offers there.

Last edited:
Bump, I listed this on ebay. In the event anyone wants to watch for fun.

Still have on eBay for a crazy price but I am looking to sell to put funds into a 2uz swap. Make me an offer.

Bump, this needs a home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom