FJ25 1956 Vin 1415 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

58 was the first year for the United States but I think South America was earlier. The one in Costa Rica is a 57 and I know of a 57 in the US that was brought in from south of the border. I had a chance to get it back when it came in to the country. If it would of happened at a different time in my life I would of owned it instead another mud member bought it and later sold it to some one to has it on the west coast.

yes, I read about the ´57 one, but this is ´56, I am shure this is the oldest civilian Land Cruiser, or the oldest that is on the internet, if some one says no, prove it! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

the restauration is on stand by, waiting for the financing to do it as it deserve, not with a cheap work...

the restauration is on stand by, waiting for the financing to do it as it deserve, not with a cheap work...

Alonso, it's amazing you found the original driver and photos. Having the story and history makes it even more rare. I'd restore just like the photos..........:cheers:

You can see the Jerry can on the right front fender. Absolutely sweet.

Guys,

I'll try to work on the translation sometime this week!

Give me a nudge if I forget though!

Sweet find/story!!

Mot :)

http://www.embajadadelperuenjapon.org/pdf/24-02.pdf

1958 The First Japanese Research Team
The first Tokyo University's geology(?) team started a string of research in the Andes, in July or 1958.

The team lead by Eiichiro Ishida and Yasukazu(Yasuichi?) Izumi studied the surface areas at the different ruins, about 240 locations, ranging from Peru to Chili.

The first group consisted of many Peruvian researchers (Sorry for butchering the spelling here): Trivia Mejia H(J)espe, Manuel Chavez Ballon, Julio Espojo Nunoz, and Silio Wapalla Manco. Also, students from San Marcos (National?) University; Rosa Jun Pineda, Luis Gijermo Lurellas, Herman Amatto Orasaval. (Again, sorry about the spelling).

One of the personnel helping from the dig's get-to was a Japanese business man, Yoshitaro Amano. Mr. Amano had already spent about seven years in Peru, studing ahcheology. The valuable artifacts collected during the expedition(s) are displayed at Amano Museum in Lima, where the wife of Yoshitaro, Rosa, is the general manager of.

(Under the picure): Izumi, Julio Espojo, Luis G. L(R)umbrelas, Herman Amatto, at Chulajon(sp) ruins in Southern Peru.

The first research team did supplimental diggins at Galbansar ans Las Ardas ruins. Also, another one at Peche ruins at Tunbes. While the potteries unearthed there had similarities to the Gangara, Hunberi, and Nario Cultures in some ways, with negative patterns, coloring after being cooked, and engraving decorations, there most of them had new characteristics.

In 1960 the findings were published as "Andes 1: Tokyo University Andes geography(?) research team's 1958 report).

Sorry for the butchering of the people's names, as well as the regions/ruins, etc...

I wish I could have spent a little more time on it!

HTH's!!

Adios!

Mot :)

found this snipit :)

aug 19th 1958
peru trip aug 19 1958.jpg

Hi my friends, Im Back.

I´m returning to the FJ25 back to live Proyect, but I need to know How I should do the job, I dont whant to spend money in a jod that its not the one this Trucks Need, I whant to make it like for a Museum, any ideas? any direcctions, things I should do, thing I shudn´t do, everithing is ok.

I trying to find iformation of SUSAN SANBORN, CURATOR AT (310) 468-xxxx or susan_sanborn@toyota.com but I have no notice, I read she is a land criser curator?

THX!

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty cool find. the interesting thing is how thre's a ton of scale all over it, but the steel looks fairly solid, i think this could be a very promising for restoration.

Hi my friends, Im Back.

I´m returning to the FJ25 back to live Proyect, but I need to know How I should do the job, I dont whant to spend money in a jod that its not the one this Trucks Need, I whant to make it like for a Museum, any ideas? any direcctions, things I should do, thing I shudn´t do, everithing is ok.

I trying to find iformation of SUSAN SANBORN, CURATOR AT (310) 468-xxxx or susan_sanborn@toyota.com but I have no notice, I read she is a land criser curator?

THX!

Your post is confusing. :confused: It looks like you are trying contact someone at Toyota. My guess is the number is the Toyota Museum at Long Beach. Try the Toyota Owners and Restorers Club (TORC) forum. They hold their annual meet in the area and may have a better contact for the museum. Let us know what you find out. ;)

Oh, I hid Susan's number since I'm not sure if she would care for it being posted. :)

Oh, I hid Susan's number since I'm not sure if she would care for it being posted. :)

sure keep all the girls numbers for yourself :)
(actually a good idea what ya did)

I would think toyota would be actually pretty interested in this rig...the history alone is great...and it was documented and photographed....great stuff.

If they dont want to help...i'll take it :D

I would think toyota would be actually pretty interested in this rig...the history alone is great...and it was documented and photographed....great stuff.

If they dont want to help...i'll take it :D

You would think...but for some reason it seems they don't.

When can we see more pics of this old 25?

You would think...but for some reason it seems they don't.

When can we see more pics of this old 25?

that´s the problem, It looks like they are not interested in this FJ25, or they didnt know about it...

What I need to know, is how do I make this fj25 return to live, without making things wrong.

I will Try at the T.O.R.C. Forum for more info, I will copy any new news.

Best thing I can think of is to take many many pictures, post them up here, and ask as many questions as you can...there are good FJ25 people here who should be able to help you find your way to do a true restoration. :cheers:

send a letter(s) to Toyota management, as high up as you can until they realize what it is that you have there. They must care, or perhaps we are all deceived, once again.

Try contacting JohnnyC here on mud. I believe he has been in contact with somebody in Japan. He has been trying to find out some information for me on a proto type I have without much luck. It seems all the people who were involved with these old cruisers are retired now and the newer generation doesn't seem to care as much:meh:

Try contacting JohnnyC here on mud. I believe he has been in contact with somebody in Japan. He has been trying to find out some information for me on a proto type I have without much luck. It seems all the people who were involved with these old cruisers are retired now and the newer generation doesn't seem to care as much:meh:

That guy I used to contact is long gone...all else in toyota dont really car too much...its worse than pulling teeth :)

FJ40Peru has there been any movement on this truck?

you may want to contact 'Tokyo University' and tell them about the historical significance of the truck to their university. they may be able to help
andes tokyo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom