FJ25 1956 Vin 1415 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks like this expedition was part of the "University of Tokyo" as well as "Toyota Motor Japan"

My guess is if this was an expedition from 1966 that Toyota's only part in this was to donate the cruisers to the university of tokyo. You don't donate something if your a vehicle manufacturer and not put your name in big letters on it. But I wonder did the university have them for ten years or Toyota? Who ever had them looks like they kept them in pretty good shape for the first ten years of their life. To bad the next forty couldn't have been as kind.:frown:

I wonder what signage was removed from the canvas doors.:hmm: Notice that the 56s didn't have the Toyota emblem on the apron like the 57 in Costa Rica. I wonder if the gas can carriers was standard on the 56s and the kick out vents started later.:hmm:

This cruiser is one great find. If it isn't the oldest one in the world I doubt you would find an earlier one in South/Central/North America.:cheers:

This cruiser is one great find. If it isn't the oldest one in the world I doubt you would find an earlier one in South/Central/North America.:cheers:

Please, were? I ve been serching , but nothig.

toyota started to export the fj25 at 1958, how can be earlier FJ25 some were else?

great picture....

now which one is yours :)

3275447634_5627361c04_b.jpg

This one

Man I wish I had some pictures of my cruiser from way back when...trust me I asked :frown:

You have any more pictures you are keeping back from us...talk about provenance !!!!

So how can you tell the one above was yours?

Man I wish I had some pictures of my cruiser from way back when...trust me I asked :frown:

You have any more pictures you are keeping back from us...talk about provenance !!!!

So how can you tell the one above was yours?

Because I Found the Japanise man that ride it all the years here in Peru... that yas from 1958 till 1968

How I found the man, because this trucks cmnes to study Peru, I ask for some one, and that Man was working untill last year here in Peru, so there I found him

there are only 2 photos with me, and the stone in the photo is an scale representation of the valley they found it....

Please, were? I ve been serching , but nothig.

toyota started to export the fj25 at 1958, how can be earlier FJ25 some were else?

58 was the first year for the United States but I think South America was earlier. The one in Costa Rica is a 57 and I know of a 57 in the US that was brought in from south of the border. I had a chance to get it back when it came in to the country. If it would of happened at a different time in my life I would of owned it instead another mud member bought it and later sold it to some one to has it on the west coast.

I just noticed also that the hood lock was always there also...a very early rig...and odd bird also...a GREAT find...sooo where is the build thread :)

i wonder if they were including these 5 rigs in the JP total of 561 or the export total of 467?

My FJ45 had the same lock setup when I bought it back in the nineties with a big knife blade switch on the positve battery wire running to the starter. I wonder if these had the same setup? With a canvas top, no locking steering column and a simple ignition switch these old cruisers were real easy to steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom