FJ-UTE - home stretch, teaser pics, and naming thoughts (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is amazing! I can't stop drooling! Do you have anymore recent pics?

Thanks man.

I'll be at Fall Crawl friday afternoon - Saturday AM...

fzj-48l rear warrenton.jpg

fzj-48l front warrenton.jpg

Looks AWESOME!! Sorry I missed at Fall Crawl, but hope to see it out and about.

Truck looks great! Wish I could’ve checked it out at Fall Crawl but I guess I wasn’t paying good enough attention!

Truck looks great! Wish I could’ve checked it out at Fall Crawl but I guess I wasn’t paying good enough attention!

I wheeled friday afternoon. I planned on being social Saturday morning, but got up at 3:50am to piss and decided to hit the road and make my daughter's 8am soccer game. (then 3 more kids sporting events the rest of the day - lots of joy).

It did well, same size rubber (37x12.5) as before, good clearance, lockers, but now it's about 1000-1200 pounds lighter and the engine/transmission is more in the middle of the truck by 6" so the balance is nice. No complaints.

Austin has some pics/videos....

Had a good time wheeling with you! Definitely a very cool rig.

F263C197-7EE3-4D08-B20A-C3D3B1140351.jpeg

52402BF8-A177-4713-83F7-ED3D30E2E680.jpeg

Thanks man. You worked that 40! It’s great to have one in a group it reminds us of what good driving and a solid early rig can do.

Appreciate it! Not sure I would define what I did as "good driving..." I'll give all credit to the 40, and a seriously solid pair of rock sliders ;)

what part of OBX? I will be down there today thru Sunday.

@hakalugi looks great.
i see u r running 37, does it have a suspension lift? Or its stock fj80 height?

@hakalugi looks great.
i see u r running 37, does it have a suspension lift? Or its stock fj80 height?

when it was a stock body, i ran J-springs (heavies) with caster correction bushings up front and blew through a few shocks over the years (ranchos and who knows what x2) at the time i think i was at about 3.5" of suspension lift.

with the loss of 1100# of weight (switching to alum body and softtop), i had to get lighter springs. these are "slinky" springs which are much softer. And rebuildable icon shocks with external res were an optional upgrade I invested in, so far really like them, got them dialed.. also new during this build is the slee front caster correcton arms, not just bushings on stock arms like before. these are beefy: SLEE - Billet Front Control Arms - '91-'97 Land Cruiser - Slee Off Road

I think before it had about 3" of suspension lift... now it feels about 5" above stock (I ran 37" KM2's before, 37" STTPros now, so that's the same as before)

I just got a Delta Vehicle Systems panhard arm drop correction bracket and will put that into the rear suspension.... the stock panhard arm angle is very slight, but right now: my left bolt is about 6.5" lower than the anchor/right bolt (!!) so my swing pattern on the panhard is less than ideal. Redline used a good adjustable panhard arm so the track is straight (lengthened the arm to address the longer hypotenuse) but the travel of the left/swinging bolt and resulting shift of the solid axle to the "right" vs. "down" when it articulates is what this part will fix: Delta Vehicle Systems - FJ/FZJ80/LX450 Panhard Lift Bracket

when it was a stock body, i ran J-springs (heavies) with caster correction bushings up front and blew through a few shocks over the years (ranchos and who knows what x2) at the time i think i was at about 3.5" of suspension lift.

with the loss of 1100# of weight (switching to alum body and softtop), i had to get lighter springs. these are "slinky" springs which are much softer. And rebuildable icon shocks with external res were an optional upgrade I invested in, so far really like them, got them dialed.. also new during this build is the slee front caster correcton arms, not just bushings on stock arms like before. these are beefy: SLEE - Billet Front Control Arms - '91-'97 Land Cruiser - Slee Off Road

I think before it had about 3" of suspension lift... now it feels about 5" above stock (I ran 37" KM2's before, 37" STTPros now, so that's the same as before)

I just got a Delta Vehicle Systems panhard arm drop correction bracket and will put that into the rear suspension.... the stock panhard arm angle is very slight, but right now: my left bolt is about 6.5" lower than the anchor/right bolt (!!) so my swing pattern on the panhard is less than ideal. Redline used a good adjustable panhard arm so the track is straight (lengthened the arm to address the longer hypotenuse) but the travel of the left/swinging bolt and resulting shift of the solid axle to the "right" vs. "down" when it articulates is what this part will fix: Delta Vehicle Systems - FJ/FZJ80/LX450 Panhard Lift Bracket
Thanks. Great info. Im actually in process in doing the body swap on fj80 frame. With 40 body on it the suspension went up 2” up front and more in back. But its still not enough lift to fit 37 nicely.

7B0ED7CD-C032-4A77-BB09-9552E1BC7144.jpeg

What’s the distance from top of front wheel to bottom of fender? @hakalugi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom