FJ-Hybrid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This truck's got my name all over it but I would be very interested in a Hybrid version. Anyone have any insight as to when and if this might happen?
Hot Digidydawg!

Last I read, there were no plans for a hybrid.

Well I was talking to someone whom I respect w/ alot of Toyota knowledge and the benefit of Hybrid for offroad is that you get 100% of the torque instantly. That is better than diesel.

Also, toyota markets the hybrids as enviromentally concious and performance products not as mpg kings.

So, knowing those two things, I keep my fingers crossed that Toyota develops a hybrid truck engine. I have no idea either but the US Toy prez did state that the entire Toyota lineup would come with a hybrid alternative in the future.

A 4x4 truck that gets 35-40mpg (4wd hybrids get better mpg than 2wd hybrids), ULEV 2 emissions, and instant full torque... man, seriously tempting for sure!
The hybrid Lexus GS-H already is just as fast as the V8 GS400 so there you have the potential for hybrid power.

And don't forget the tax deductions - $2000 for 2005 purchase of hybrid Lexus RX400h. It that keeps up, that will help defray the added costs of a hybrid.

According to the article in Automobile Magazine:

...Unfortunately for open-air enthusiasts, Toyota has no current plans to give the new FJ removable roof sections like those on the original FJ40. Likewise, Toyota does not anticipate offering the FJ in four-door or hybrid form.

But I bet they would've said the same thing when the RX and Highlander came out, and as FirstToy said, they have said, in the past, they will go to all hybrid by ~2010 (or something like that). Whether they actually achieve that goal, it certainly seems they are headed that way.

DBS311 said:
Hoo-Yah 196
Holy crap! Were you in 196 or did you just somehow track down my class?!?! 'Cuz I am from 196!

No, I was 253 but as soon as I saw the Team One avatar I wanted to find out what class you were. The Q-deck has the database of everyone that has gone through. Anyone that has even spent a day at BUD/S knows that those who have graduated deserve respect, so my hat's off to ya!

what's the point of a 4x4 that can't be taken offroad
?

According to Subaru, 4 wheel drive improves handling in all incliment weather. Appears that Lexus GS330 joined that philosophy, along with Audi, Porshe, and Lamborghini. I'm sure in the future, everything will have all wheel drive.

i know inclement weather... i see the point of all wheel drive.
not mega huge suv's

:)

not starting a sh!tfight or nothing.

and i doubt all wheel drive will take over everything, the germans and the aussies love rear wheel drive too much

and AWD is more expensive, more maintanence, and more fuel use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom