FJ Honeycut 1969 FJ40 "re-updating" build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, here's a little story, about to be told, about a little rusty pile of bolts, an FJ40, and it was old... 1969 was the year, it was advertised far, I brought it near. T'was in a heap, when I bought it, I thought it...., t'was cheap! Now, naive knave was I quickly found, for my worthy smart investment was financially not that sound. I was told it had "all the parts I would need", 'cept a few of these and a couple of those, a this, that, the other and a snergly-hose. I must admit, I thought I was wise, that was until, I found my first surprise! My surprise I soon found was I had overlooked a few details, ones minute-ish, smaller than smallish-snails. I should have, I possibly could have, I might've, thought to sell off my new found prize in parts, I could have doubled my money, and that would have over doubled my smarts.

Honeycut 1.jpeg

I named the project vehicle Honeycut after BJ Honeycut on the TV series M*A*S*H. A reference to the M*A*S*H* color that I found the project in.
Honeycut 2.jpeg

My project sensei told me to swap the old engine with the extra that had come with the vehicle package. It was reported to have been heard running when the PO took possession of the project. It was reported already in this state of disrepair torn apart, and primered in all it's glory like it was in 7 years prior when he took possession.
Honeycut 3.jpeg

The body is in pretty good condition, sill, corners, rocker panels are all toast, but other than that pretty solid. I will upload the next chapter in a few days when I have time.

I was wanting to change the title to have "Build" in the banner but it would only let me choose WDYD or no Title. Anyone have any suggestions?

Admin can do that

The only thing standing between this and sparkling shining clean is...........Elbow grease!!! And some purple power, followed by wd-40, followed by engine degrease, intermixed in there is a lot of elbow grease!
H 6.jpeg

Applying WD-40, Maroon buff pad and more elbow grease to bring out paint, get rid of rust deposits.
H 5.jpeg

Sparked this with a battery to prove it turned over before I took it apart to paint it and put it back together.
H 7.jpeg

H 10.jpeg

Bunches of extra parts and pieces given to me by @elkun1 when I bought a muffler and exhaust pipe off him.
H 11.jpeg

WD-40, maroon buff pad, elbow grease, Simple green, maroon buff pad, elbow grease. Repeat 1000 times. Did I mention the port holes in the rails were filled to the top with petrified mud? IH8MUD!
H 16.jpeg
H 17.jpeg
H 18.jpeg
H 19.jpeg

Any recommendations on keeping the pics the same size or do most folks crop or downsize for the upload?

How does one go about asking admin for a favor?
interesting, never noticed that clicking the 40/55 series tech moderator button shows an empty list 😂. Other forums list the moderators. So, ?.

Did you used to write books for Dr. Seuss?😆
Looks like you are off to a good start!

Looks like a fun project. I wonder how many others there are like it out there in bins, disassembled, after the owners dove in then lost interest or ran out of money? Good on you for taking it on! I have a '69 also, I'll be watching your progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom