FJ/HJ60 to leather seats upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new and just got our first LC (87HJ60) and want to upgrade the front seats and middle bench to leather--any feed back as to what other, newer rigs out there work--multiple choices on the front seat; BUT, how about the back bench seat--will a newer LC/Lexus or 4Runner vehicle work--
New to MUD and really appreciate any wisdom--
LCDiesel60

And FWIW - I've seen the installed product (gray) and it's VERY nice stuff -- Too nice for my dawg's claws, unfortunately, since he refuses to ride in the cargo area...

:meh:

Replacement leather seats & bench

Thanks 'Spike Strip'--and thank you Shane as well for the input and quick reply. Neither option works in this case--non-LC front and bench seats in rig, so need to start from scratch. Measured my Son's 4Runner seats and not big enough on the bench.

Shane-saw your kits listed in prior searches--would have been real nice if I had LC seats, since I'm 10 minutes from Oregon City--
Thanks again All!
MG

And FWIW - I've seen the installed product (gray) and it's VERY nice stuff -- Too nice for my dawg's claws, unfortunately, since he refuses to ride in the cargo area...

:meh:

I have a Chocolate lab and she is all over my truck, you wont find a better covering than leather (see my sig line 100) though I clean it more often.

Shane-saw your kits listed in prior searches--would have been real nice if I had LC seats, since I'm 10 minutes from Oregon City--
Thanks again All!
MG

You can buy 60/62 take outs cheap, then recover??

Look at the Lexus 470 IIRC and the Volvo seats.

Go to Proffits and you'll see one of thiers with a full leather Lexus seating including 3rd row seating.

The Volvos are nice and have the heating capability if you want to hook it up.

I had V70 in a FJ40 I did for a guy, very nice with a built in holster between your knees.

Leather seat upgrade for HJ60

'Off-Duty'--perfect!! That's exactly what I was thinking of, minus the 3rd row--thanks so much!
'Shane'--had considered that and appreciate the input on the V seats--never around those types of cars to have considered that--but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of electronic adjustments--F350 7.3 Turbo has it and have come to like the adjustments for days when the back hurts.

THANKS TO ALL FOR HELPING OUT THE NEW GUY--NOW IT'S TIME TO PLAN/SOURCE AND GET IT DONE--TOO BAD DREAMS AND IDEAS AREA SO EASY TO COME BY AND 10 TIMES HARDER TO MAKE THEM REAL!!

I have one of my two Volvo seats temporarily welded in right now and I'm very happy about the way it feels and looks. However, you will need to fabricate new seat mounts/brackets and modify the rib on the transmission hump to make them fit well. I'm too busy to get it all done right now and I probably should have bought something else.

I'm also hoping to get a matching leather cover for the bench seat.

I have the volvo seats sitting in my garage ready to go. They are DELUXE.

I have one of my two Volvo seats temporarily welded in right now and I'm very happy about the way it feels and looks. However, you will need to fabricate new seat mounts/brackets and modify the rib on the transmission hump to make them fit well. I'm too busy to get it all done right now and I probably should have bought something else.

I'm also hoping to get a matching leather cover for the bench seat.

Trev, can you please post some pics of the install requirements?

Might help out some who are considering the modification.:beer:

I did the gx470 seats in mine. i'm debating right now if I should install the middle bench as a 3rd row and keep the original land cruiser bench and have it recovered. Honestly I think the volvo seats look to be an easier install. The lexus seats are tall and require a lot of cutting and fabricating to get centered and low enough. I'm 6'1" and I had to get it almost touching the rear aux heater to be comfortable. I got them in though so someone taller would still be ok as well. Their extremely comfortable and look great. I hooked the power up but not the heaters yet.

60 series leather seat upgrade

Great input-thanks for the additional information and posting 'Philos1'--got me thinking another direction possibly, maybe less work/cost than the LX seats.

'Kurtis'--do you have any thoughts or photos of your install of LX seats and also, what your junk yard costs were for the seats? I do like the idea of keeping the rig all Toyota--

Again--Thanks to ALL for your help and input--pretty amazing site for this 'rookie'-starting to understand the 'addict' issues of LC's and this site--!!
LCDiesel60

I'm putting the finishing touches on tonight or tommorrow and and I'll try to snap a couple pictures. Honestly the gx470 seats do work great but I would bet that its a lot more work than the volvo seats do to the amount of cutting neccasary. I completely removed the old mounts shortented the rear legs on the seats themselves and the front left leg to get it low enough to be comfortable to me. The driverside you don't have to worry about the rear heater and the seat itself lowers. The passenger sit in a gx470 doesn't rais and lower only slides and reclines... Don't ask me why mine are out of a 2004 not sure if that changed lately. I got mine for a couple hundred. The drivers side air bag deployed so it durasticly reduced the value but since I was putting it in a land cruiser I didn't want the air bag anyway.

I have a Chocolate lab and she is all over my truck, you wont find a better covering than leather (see my sig line 100) though I clean it more often.

You can buy 60/62 take outs cheap, then recover??

I had V70 in a FJ40 I did for a guy, very nice with a built in holster between your knees.

Pics of said holster seat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom