1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FJ Cruiser prototypes testing in Australia??

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by msahr, Jul 16, 2005.

1. msahr

msahr

Media:
    Albums:
    Is this true? One of my clients (I was setting up a wireless LAN) is a Toyota dealership, one of the guys I know there is aware of my Toyota affliction and was asking me if I was going to buy one, yada yada and "You know they're already out, they've been testing a bunch of 'em (150 :rolleyes: ) in Australia...

Anyone have any info on that? I would have thought we would know about this by now...

2. firetruck41

firetruck41

I am skeptical of that story. Maybe they are thinking of another model Land Cruiser. I would expect they would at least have shown the interior on the Toyota website if they had working preproduction models. Not to mention, there would be spy shots of them if there were 150 of them roaming public roads.

3. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

i don't doubt this much, because many manufacturers use australia, in particular the northern territory to test their cars... bmw X5, that mercedes softroader thing, and the porsche cayenne, not to mention turbo 911 and boxter all got flogged in our outback... long straight speed limitless roads and high temps, are part of the reason

the other part is remoteness...

4. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

And when they want bitter cold they test stuff 6 hrs West of here ..

TY

5. joesfj40

joesfj40 SILVER Star

6. firetruck41

firetruck41

Yup, there are actually a bunch of references to it in this FJ Cruiser forum :) .

Anythings possible, so you Aussies keep your eyes open and cameras handy, I want a spy photo, if you see one :) .

7. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    More likely a much smaller number of the new turbo V8 diesel 130 series Landcruisers.
    Aussie dealers have to put their orders in by next month:D

8. okie

okie

That looks like they started the project with a Bandierante. Hella cool!

9. JTFJ40

JTFJ40

Do you guys think the FJ Cruiser will fade out in a couple years or carry on as part of Toyota's normal line up? I mean do you think its gonna be a fad, like most other redone retros?

10. NMuzj100

NMuzj100

If it is well received and sells I think it's here to stay. Toyota has it's eye on being the #1 auto manufacturer in the world and they need a vehicle in the Wrangler/Xterra class.

I don't understand all the FJ bashing myself. Even if it's not exactly what the hardcore wheelers want from the start it will probably grow in capabilty in later model years and have tons of aftermarket support.