FJ Cruiser Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if these have been seen already. It looks like an actual picture (not rendering) of the inside of the FJ Cruiser.

Not sure if this is fact or fiction but it still warranted posting

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/suvs/0505_toyota_fj_cruiser/

Granger

0505_toyota_fj_int_200.jpg

Last edited:
This article just confirms so many things that disappoint me about this new "cruiser". It was almost a Scion? ugh. Oh Toyota, why hast thou forsaken your roots?

My friend has an '04 Scion Tc. kind of a cool little car but its def not "toyota" quality. It is very sad how similar the two interiors are. Just by taking a quick look the materials are very similar. As i said, the Tc was nice but definately alot of cheap parts, alot of plastic. Didnt feel like a toyota built vehicle.

We can only hope the FJC doesnt fall short, its got such potential...

msahr said:
This article just confirms so many things that disappoint me about this new "cruiser". It was almost a Scion? ugh. Oh Toyota, why hast thou forsaken your roots?

"Well, we think it looks cool. So why not badge it as a Scion, Toyota's fledgling entry-level marque that currently outcools its parents? Lentz says this was discussed, but Scion has never had a 4x4, while Toyota has a rich off-roading history. "

I'm not sure that I would say it was almost a Scion ;)

Keep in mind, it was the person who wrote the article that said

"Well, we think it looks cool. So why not badge it as a Scion, Toyota's fledgling entry-level marque that currently outcools its parents? "

Not a person from Toyota

Last edited:
msahr said:

You are confusing the marketing of the vehicle with the vehicle itself.

And it became a Toyota and not a Scion because of the vehicle itself.

"We reckon Toyota should steal the Land Cruiser name from its upscale SUV and slap it on the side of this FJ, which stays truer to its paternal roots." Quoted from the last paragraph in the article.

Thats the statement that I take offense to. I'm sure it will be extremely reliable and offroad worhty. The upgrades and the surprise of Toyota not being so bland as so many of their designs usually are, the FJC certainly won't be a "Land Cruiser".

I like it a ton and am even considering one. But to compare it to the "Big Daddy" is blasphemy!!!

Until the UN, Arabs, and Aussies start replacing their LC fleets with FJC's it'll have to earn it's stripes.

Doug

Oh, BTW: The interior does look much better than the original shots! :)

don't be fooled, it isn't a LAND CRUISER it is just a cruiser you know like the PT cruiser but toyota, doesn't look very off road worthy in my opinion, I dunno whats going on, but toyota should bring some munsters and s*** over here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom