FJ Colors announced (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
From BT17R on YT

Exterior and interior colors were announced. Something old, something new, a mix of palettes from Lexus, Scion and Toyota:

- Exterior: Titanium Metallic, Black Diamond, Black Cherry Pearl, and the new, bright colors Atomic Sun and Voodoo Blue. I don't think the white roof panel will make it into production, colors will likely be monotone with black overfenders.

- Interior: All will be charcoal gray water-resistant material with matching rubber flooring.

Over 50 factory approved and warrantied accessories have been developed so far, including the world's first surround-sound headliner!

Hey, there is a link to the older 40's.

Rubber floormats.. Now everyone Quitcherbitchin!!!

;)

yeah but the headliner :D

no white roof..........that would be a bummer :(

Mace said:
Hey, there is a link to the older 40's.

Rubber floormats.. Now everyone Quitcherbitchin!!!

;)

Geez, no green? I was just warming up to this thing after seeing the LV photochops. :rolleyes:

HMMM i wounder how much a paint shop would charge to just shoot the top white like in the photo chops it looks so much better.

mike

Titanium Metallic .. that has Yooper written all over it ! :flipoff2:

TY

no white??

i guess the group that picked the colors has never been out side in the blazing sun all day then leaned on the hood.

ever wonder why all work trucks are white??

Black Cherry Pearl?? i am not sure where this guy got his color information from, for a limited production run i do not think they would use strange colors, maybee a few, but not all, never seen a car/truck that sold without white beeing an option.

Last edited:
beaufort-fj60 said:
Black Cherry Pearl?? i am not sure where this guy got his color information from, for a limited production run i do not think they would use strange colors, maybee a few, but not all, never seen a car/truck that sold without white beeing an option.
40,000 units is not a limited production run. Funky new vehicles like the Element have no white, but they do have some "strange" colors, it helps seperate them from the regular vehicles even more than just body style alone.

I'd be interested to see the actual color swatches also, since the color names don't really mean anything. I think firetruck is right about the odd colors. You see some wierd combinations even from the factory now, bronze, gold, colors that are almost what a Pimp'd out car would look like. Hmm, wonder how long till we see a Pimp My Ride episode with a FJ Cruiser, where they drop it 4-5 ", put in a full suede interior, fish tank in the back, something like a 40" plasma tv in the back... :D

i just got an email from local toyota dealer,

"The latest information I have is this will be a 2006 model. The tentative release date is the last quarter of this year. Yes, I have had a number of inquiries including employees at our dealership that are eagerly awaiting this vehicle. I will forward information to you as we receive it from Toyota. Thank you."

i would guess toyota had it nailed down a little sooner then they are letting on

40,000 units could be considered limited, toyota makes about 250,000 camerys that is a little more that 40k. Just like the old vw 16v gti there was only about 30,000 of those, was kinda hard to find one. I really do not consider the honda element as being a "car/truck" its a thing, so i wouldn't be suprised if it came in purple, pink, cyan, and metalic lip balm.

T Y L E R said:
Titanium Metallic .. that has Yooper written all over it ! :flipoff2:
TY

Actually, if it looks anything like the Haze Grey Metallic that was on my '82 Celica, it might be my choice!

Definitely disappointed about the roof though.

I'm holding out for a 70 series anyway. HZJ78 pickup truck? Ohhhhhh, that gives me wood.

HZJ78.jpg

beaufort-fj60 said:
40,000 units could be considered limited, toyota makes about 250,000 camerys that is a little more that 40k. Just like the old vw 16v gti there was only about 30,000 of those, was kinda hard to find one. I really do not consider the honda element as being a "car/truck" its a thing, so i wouldn't be suprised if it came in purple, pink, cyan, and metalic lip balm.
I think they can afford to mix up a new color for 40k units :rolleyes:

your right,

as retarded as it might sound, i would not buy one if i couldn't get white

the colors listed as "released" suck a$$.

i can hear it now...

"okay sir, that is the fj cruiser, 4x4, with vsc, the extreme off road package, winch, etc... okay, now what color would you want, the choices are metalic lip balm, black diamonds, cherry sphincter pearl, yellow garden galosh, or fire island blue"

Man that's good s*** !!! Mr. Dealer man wouldn't know the difference though eh ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom