Wanted Fj-80 in So-Cal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for a sub 200k mile FJ80 or FZJ80, preferably with factory lockers. Doesn't have to be perfect, wear and tear appropriate for its age is fine. Trail damage and thrashed interior, not so much. Willing to spend up to 11k for the right rig. I'm located in Riverside, CA.

Thanks in advance--Mason

Last edited:
I know of one within hours from LA. 1 owner, factory lockers, PM me for more info. I picked up a 91 2 weeks ago instead.

There was a gorgeous black 80 that came up on the LA CL yesterday

There's 2 one for 12 and I think one for 15k. Both look awesome, but are a bit out of my range. I don't expect either of them to come down too far in price. Thanks for the heads up though

There was a gorgeous black 80 that came up on the LA CL yesterday

i paid 8k for mine 91, and it is mint. Zero rust AZ car and engine and interior is clean.
93+ is appealing, but most interior is junk due to poor leather. i wouldnt spend over 10k for an 80 unless super low mileage or with aftermarket parts. I was looking for an unmolested one so i paid a little more for it. A good one is hard to come by, so if you come across one, be ready to pull the trigger. also darker color trucks mostly come with faded clear coat or paint from the sun.

good luck tho
Marco

Thanks Marco, it's much appreciated. I was pretty patient when I was searching for MR2's and scored with a low mile 1 owner car that was immaculate. It definitely helps to wait and look. I have 9k in cash ready to go after missing that nice one in San Diego. If it's close enough for me to get to after work, I'll be able to get one quick. I have struck out a couple of times having to wait till the weekend to go see one what was a ways away. I'll keep you posted

the 94 white SD rig is sure clean, but has a few rust spots on the undercarriage and possibly needed lots of PM. For a Socal car, i was expecting more. I am the same, having owned a few FD3S and a 73 RX3, i totally get it. The Cruiser is a work horse, not a show car, so as long as no rust good interior and body in good shape, it will do...
here is mine
20170922_073223_zpsbc4t1gq7.jpg

that is one clean rig, i am digging the 2 tone, and leather is clean too.
97 has full OBDII, so your precious cargo are in good hands. I would check for maintenance records for HG replacement, the 1FZ-FE has 2 small flaw, the PHH and the HG. and the 97 also has a smaller less robust tranny vs the bus tranny from 93-95s..
good luck =)

Automatic transmission changes to the A343F. Some 95's were produced with the A442F. The transmission type is printed on the label on the driver door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom