1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fj 62 wiring

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by mugsie, Dec 31, 2003.

1. mugsie

mugsie

2 questions;
    I have had recurring starting problems with my mint FJ62.I think I've isolated it to a bad connection at the wiring harness. Rewrapped the connectors, seems okay now but i was told a new wiring harness costs about $1,000!!! True?
    Is there any place in N California to get Three-point rear seat belts installed?

2. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    [quote author=mugsie link=board=1;threadid=9450;start=msg82504#msg82504 date=1072882988]
    2 questions;
    I have had recurring starting problems with my mint FJ62.I think I've isolated it to a bad connection at the wiring harness. Rewrapped the connectors, seems okay now but i was told a new wiring harness costs about $1,000!!! True?
    Is there any place in N California to get Three-point rear seat belts installed?
    [/quote]

sounds about right for a harness(depending on which), the PO of my 88 replaced his. But if you can patch the harness correctly then why bother? I had a fire(driverside kickpanel) in the harness(plug) on my fj80, not my fault, stupid alarm, but I cut, solder, splice, ect over 30 wires together(the plug melted) took me about an hour, that was 4+ years ago, not one problem and everything works :)

What year 62, some have the holes already in the piller, then its just bolt on I think. 90 3 point standard

3. mugsie

mugsie

thanks--i figure i'll leave it as is and take my chances

my 62 is an '88 no posts.