fj 62 wiring

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by mugsie, Dec 31, 2003.

1. mugsie

mugsie

2 questions;
    I have had recurring starting problems with my mint FJ62.I think I've isolated it to a bad connection at the wiring harness. Rewrapped the connectors, seems okay now but i was told a new wiring harness costs about $1,000!!! True?
    Is there any place in N California to get Three-point rear seat belts installed?

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    [quote author=mugsie link=board=1;threadid=9450;start=msg82504#msg82504 date=1072882988]
    2 questions;
    I have had recurring starting problems with my mint FJ62.I think I've isolated it to a bad connection at the wiring harness. Rewrapped the connectors, seems okay now but i was told a new wiring harness costs about $1,000!!! True?
    Is there any place in N California to get Three-point rear seat belts installed?
    [/quote]

sounds about right for a harness(depending on which), the PO of my 88 replaced his. But if you can patch the harness correctly then why bother? I had a fire(driverside kickpanel) in the harness(plug) on my fj80, not my fault, stupid alarm, but I cut, solder, splice, ect over 30 wires together(the plug melted) took me about an hour, that was 4+ years ago, not one problem and everything works :)

What year 62, some have the holes already in the piller, then its just bolt on I think. 90 3 point standard

3. mugsie

mugsie

thanks--i figure i'll leave it as is and take my chances

my 62 is an '88 no posts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.