fj 62 wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2 questions;
I have had recurring starting problems with my mint FJ62.I think I've isolated it to a bad connection at the wiring harness. Rewrapped the connectors, seems okay now but i was told a new wiring harness costs about $1,000!!! True?
Is there any place in N California to get Three-point rear seat belts installed?

[quote author=mugsie link=board=1;threadid=9450;start=msg82504#msg82504 date=1072882988]
2 questions;
I have had recurring starting problems with my mint FJ62.I think I've isolated it to a bad connection at the wiring harness. Rewrapped the connectors, seems okay now but i was told a new wiring harness costs about $1,000!!! True?
Is there any place in N California to get Three-point rear seat belts installed?
[/quote]

sounds about right for a harness(depending on which), the PO of my 88 replaced his. But if you can patch the harness correctly then why bother? I had a fire(driverside kickpanel) in the harness(plug) on my fj80, not my fault, stupid alarm, but I cut, solder, splice, ect over 30 wires together(the plug melted) took me about an hour, that was 4+ years ago, not one problem and everything works :)

What year 62, some have the holes already in the piller, then its just bolt on I think. 90 3 point standard

thanks--i figure i'll leave it as is and take my chances

my 62 is an '88 no posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom