FJ 62 water pump almost out-one problem!

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by pok61, Nov 16, 2005.

1. pok61

pok61

2. 89GASHOG

89GASHOG

Media:
    Albums:
    No, they do not need to come out. Make sure that your hoses have all been removed. If lower right hose is still attached, it will hang up removal. Carefully move the pump to the right a bit, to clear the radiator return portion of the pump that is hitting the PS bracket, before pulling it out.I just did mine last weekend. It's a real PITA!

3. pok61

pok61

Bret,

Thanks for the reply. I was asked before i started this how many banana mechanic was I. Thought I could rank maybe three with one being the lowest. I feel kinda like a kiwi now with this pump hanging there!

Again thanks!

Pat
    A flatlander in the East.

4. euclid

euclid

Media:
    Albums:
    You can unscrew the studs from the block.

Double nut each one, then tighten the nuts down tight onto each other, then put a box end on the inner nut and back the studd out. The nuts will be against each other in such a way that they can't turn together, and the stud will have to turn.

This job would have been a PITA if the 3FE list hadn't told me about that trick.

5. pok61

pok61

That did it!!!

Now to get the new SOB in.

Then I can get the "I changed the water pump on a FJ62" T-shirt.

Thanks to all who helped.

Pat

6. scubasteve

scubasteve

Changing out a waterpump is a simple task if you know how to turn a wrench. Are you going to make a T-shirt that says "I pump my own gas and change my oil"? Maybe you should just ride a bicycle or better yet walk.

7. loeky

loeky

not being an a##hole is a simple task if you know when someone is trying to do it themselves and is obviously learning along the way.

are you going to wear a shirt that lets everyone know how much of an a##hole you are before talking to you so they don't have to waste their time?

better yet .. maybe you should just chill and take your crap attitude elsewhere.

8. euclid

euclid

Media:
    Albums:
    Way to go Pat! It's a pretty big job for a new wrencher!

Ya done good!

Don't be an Ass. Take that chit somewhereelse.

9. scubasteve

scubasteve

I send my apologies,
    I work and deal with complete morons at work on a daily basis, sometimes it gets brought over into my life after I leave the hangar. People who don't read maintance manuals and dive in to multimillon dollar equipment and screw stuff up and can't figure out why they just lost thier job. Anytime before you dive into a task, think about what you are doing. Do you have the right tools, maintance manuals, parts and knowlege? Can you complete the task without to much down time, or without damaging other components? Do you have the patience to do it correctly and without somebody looking over you? I don't need an "I'm an A**hole" T-shirt, I've got a few already.

10. Phrog

Phrog

How about a "I can't spell" t-shirt? It looks like you could use a few.

11. 89GASHOG

89GASHOG

Media:
    Albums:
    After doing mine last week, My frank reply to all of the above (except the damaging, but perhaps I was lucky:) ) is NO! I'd only done one previous waterpump on a 22RE, which was indeed simple compared to this one. Nevertheless, I'm happy with the results and don't agree with the idea of discouraging others with limited mechanical experience from tackling any fix it job on their 5K cruiser. If worse comes to worse, you can always call a more experienced friend or have it towed to a shop. Pat, did you get the new pump on?

12. Hawke

Hawke

Good for you with the apology. I've made some stupid posts and haven't been man enough to apologize.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.