fj 62 springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do any of ya'll know what the diffrence is between the fj60 and fj62 springs are and will fj62 work on a fj60? ???

fj62 rear springs have one more leaf then a fj60. I see no reason why they won't work.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=13328;start=msg123208#msg123208 date=1079625138]
fj62 rear springs have one more leaf then a fj60. I see no reason why they won't work.
[/quote]

So if I put a set of FJ62 springs in the rear of my Cruiser, it might handled towed loads a little better? Cool.

I looked up the specs for lentgh, witdh, etc. and they appear to be identical in dimensions.

Mike S

I recently compared a set of 83 FJ60 springs with a pair of 88 FJ62 springs. The dimensions are identical, except that the rear springs for a 62 have two additional leafs (8 total) compared to the 60. They also have friction pads built in the tips of the leafs. Overall, they're much better built than stock 60 springs, and that's what I'll install when it comes time to replace the original set on my 87 Fj60. Of course, with the 62 spring pack being thicker, you'll need longer u-bolts. Other than that, it's a direct fit.

Can anyone help me determine what the correct heighth should be for a stock 60?

Since the size of tires affect this, I guess an accurate, universal measurement could be the distance between bumpstops and axles? Or maybe from center hub to fender lip?

Any direction is appreciated, all of my searching has turned up OMEs and such...

60 stock spring lift

Used 2 sets of stock spring packs and some longer u bolts from a drop kit and added 4 springs to rear and 2 springs to front. gave me enough room to clear 33's. Also put in Rancho shocks front and rear. Just got 4' up an articulation ramp the ohter day.

not bad for a $60 lift.

I just recently replaced my suspension with an ironman kit, TOY006C up front and TOY007CD/S in the rear. My bump stop clearance to the top of the axle up front is a bit over 4 inch and the clearance in the back is about 7 inch. I'm not to sure if the previous owner has altered the bump stops.

HJ61 pre 86 12ht

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom