FJ 62 hesitates in 4th gear. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gimme a 60

I Forgot About the Women!
SILVER Star
Threads
Hello!

My 62 series with the 3FE and a 4spd automatic has a weird hesitation when I’m driving at high speeds (mainly in 4th gear). The truck seems to hesitate, almost like it’s not getting fuel. However when driving city speeds there is no hesitation and seems to run fine.

I did some reading on other forums and I’m wondering if it’s a dirty EGR or a vacuum leak. BUT again this problem only occurs at highway speeds, so whatever the problem is it’s triggered by speed.

*EDIT*
It does this around 80 kmh on the highway but Anything slower that 80 km/h it won’t do it, and it feels like someone is tapping on and off the gas really quickly. You can see on the tachometer a slight increase and decrease in the RPM it’s quite rough. But it’s only when the truck is trying to go into 4th gear however once it’s in 4th it’s seems to stop. It’s hard to describe but am wondering if any body knew about this problem.

Last edited:
is it happening during the torque convertor lock up? when it stops, do the RPM's drop a few hundred?

is it happening during the torque convertor lock up? when it stops, do the RPM's drop a few hundred?
I believe it’s when the torque converter is locked, the rpm drops probably by 100 rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom