FJ 62 Generally Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Group,

Long time reader first time posting. I grew up riding in a 84 FJ62 and for the past few years been saving here and there to make a purchase on a 60 or 62. Over the past few months, I have read a ton of posts to get educated so that I have a better understanding of what I'm looking for. I have studied and read enough about rust spots and what to walk away from as well as transmission issues. I'm posting this to learn more about a local sell on a FJ 62. All the description says is "2F converted to TBI Fuel Injection, 4 speed manual, LEFT KNUCKLE LEAKING. Currently not running right.... has water in the gas. Asking $3500"

Any thoughts on this, also just would like to get insight on what you all have to say

IMG-3354.PNG

TBI injection done well is OK but that truck would be a crap shoot.

Water in gas? Was it flooded?

Lots of wheel arch rust. I'd pass on that one.

And BTW:
FJ60 1981-1987 4 speed manual trans and carburetor
FJ62 1988-1990 4 speed automatic transmission and fuel injection

Good luck with your search.

Last edited:
TBI injection done well is OK but that would be a crap shoot.

Water in gas? Was it flooded?

Lots of wheel arch rust. I'd pass on that one.

And BTW: FJ60 1981-1987 4 speed manual trans and carburetor
FJ62 1988-1990 4 speed automatic transmission and fuel injection

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for your input. Trying to learn about these models is very interesting but alot of knowledge is needed, but I'm patient and really appreciate your advice. I asked a few questions to the seller but got very little information back which makes me think might be more going on with this vehicle.

Nice job...Keep up the research. Other then your concerns and description of the vehicle and unless you have a substantial Land Cruiser rainy day fund, I’d say...”nice beginning stage of patina”...and, walk away! Your instincts remain intact.

Look at the front headlights on the vehicle ...round lights = 60, square headlights = 62. Unless they modified that as well which is unlikely. But a 2f is found in a 60 and in the USA it would come with a manual 4 speed. A 62 will come with a 3fe with fuel injection and an automatic trans. But its possible to have a 2f that someone transplanted the cylinder head and fuel injection from a 3fe on it making it a 2fe.

And it probably is (a 60) because it has 60 side mirrors, no head rests in the rear bench, I don't see front marker lights down low on the front valance like a 62 would have.

$3500 is a parts truck price but may be a good deal provided:

1. it has good compression
2. The rust is limited to the quarters and not extensive through out the frame, floor and upper part of the body.
3. The interior is intact and not completely shot.
4. You know how to work on a truck like this and don't have to pay someone to fix everything.

I asked a few questions to the seller but got very little information back which makes me think might be more going on with this vehicle.

This would most likely deter me from moving forward.

wheels look like they were spray painted still mounted to the tires.....maybe even while still on the truck.🥴

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom