fj 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I suiggest that you first check and clean all connections - alternator, terminals, ground etc. This is sometimes the problem. After that, get the manual out (you have the manual, right ?) and start doing voltage/amperage checks.

try and disconnect the battery at night and see if it still dies. If it doesn't then you might have something that is on during the night and dropping the battery. I had a trunk light that was killing one of my cars and took me way too long to figure it out.

Chris

Did you check the blinker fluid? :slap: check the alternater.

"Blinker Fluid" That's Great! Thanks for the laugh. Cheers, O.

[quote author=O' man link=board=1;threadid=11866;start=msg108864#msg108864 date=1077530892]
"Blinker Fluid" That's Great! Thanks for the laugh. Cheers, O.
[/quote]
i get my cousin all the time with that one

i would check if there is a parasitic draw on the battery. the simplest way to do that is to make sure that all of the loads are turned off and then disconnest one of the terminals and i usually do the positive and then connect a test light in line with the cable by connecting one end to the cable and the other to the battery terminal and if the test light lights up then you know there is somthing on that shouldnt be that is draining your battery. then i would check the alt good luck.

Make sure the connections - & + to the battery are very tight and secure. If not, this easy solution can be your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom