FJ 60 Search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey new to the group, but stoked to find a thread of Cruiser enthusiasts. This may be a long shot, but throwing this out there in hopes of finding a FJ 60 I once’s owned while I was a student at Iowa State. It was a 1987 FJ60. I had taken the interior out of the cargo area and replaced it with rubber liner. I traded in on another truck at Pat Clemons Dealership in Boone IA. It was the steel blue color. Newly rebuilt motor and transmission at the time. Currently tracking down the Vin# and license. I appreciate any ideas or insight into finding it.

search the vin# on google and see if it shows up in any auctions, CL ads, etc

Or do a carfax check on the VIN and see what that history points to

Is pat Clemons still there? Maybe they have records.

Good luck with your search. Keep us updated if it works out for you!

Do keep us posted. I recently found the 1969 Oldmosbile 442 I owned in high school. I sold it in 1995 after college, and found it last year on Kijiji in Toronto. I wasn't in a position to buy it back, but it was nice to see it again, and know that it basically had not moved in over 25 years. It was in the identical condition as when I sold it.

Sorry, thread hi-jack over.

Small update on finding my old Cruiser. As luck would have it, while digging for something else I was able to put my hands on the bill of sale from 2000. This obviously included the VIN number. One quick CARFAX and I was able to locate it in Waukee IA. It had a listing for were it had been serviced a week or so ago. I called the place and the owner Mike, awesome dude, was able to track down the owner and give him my contact info. So now its just sit and wait for the Cruiser Gods to shine some good karma my way. Thanks for all the advice, it obviously got me this far. Fingers crossed🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom