FJ-60 Rear Disc Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fourrunner

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been thinking about doing the rear disc conversion on my FJ-60 but want a parking brake also. I have heard that you can use El Dorado calipers, early 80's I think. Can anyone confirm this or have used them? Can you still make the parking brake work with these? I have searched the technical links and little was said about this conversion. One of the links said that Toyota Trails did a write-up on making the parking brake system work with the El Dorado calipers. Anyone ever see that article?

Thanks!

Interesting. I have found that the stock drum brakes and shoes on my 60 are robust and more than adequate. The e-brake lever auto even adjusts the rear brakes when you lift it. The 60's lost the PITA twin brake cylinders that are the main reason for switching to discs on the older 40s.

Mike S

I have the eldo calipers with a TSM conversion kit. I havn't finished it yet, but the parking brake will require a bit of fab work. I got to P-brake lines from Downey, but havn't hooked them up yet. From what I have heard, this will greatly improve the stopping power, but the Ebrake is hard to adjust.

Had it, got rid of it, went back to drums. I could not get the parking brake to ever work. The parking brake was needed to adjust the calipers for wear. Should have used the monte carlo front calipers and a line lock for parking brake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom