FJ-60 or what? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude, just buy it, you know what you're doing. Everyone here loves the 60 so if you find one and save it and it looks better after you're done with it, do it.

But you'd better post pics of your project or we'll come and find you. Ohio is just up the road a piece.

:flipoff2:

And yes, please add the 3-point belts in the back for the little 'un.

that's all i needed to hear. i've pretty much been bent on buying it and the only downside i've heard is that it will never "look good," but it's already ugly as hell. if i can make it better with a few updates i am good.
i'm pretty picture happy, so don't worry about that. i'll end up taking pictures of it after the very first mod.

keep arguing though; i have to come up with the money.

Pictures dont work.

I bought my cruiser last month for $750. the seller wanted $1500 but the day before I got it he told me that it wasnt running well so he cut the price to $750. So far the engine has run really well so I dont know what he was or wasnt doing.

My cruiser had the engine rebuilt 60,000 miles ago. It needs quarter work on both sides. 2 doors and some brake work.

From the one picture I see I think my cruiser is in better shape. I traveled about 200mi. from VT to MA to get it. As long as you're willing to travel. You should be able to find a better cruiser for less money.
can i see what you bought? (do you have pics)

bud

Well put, well said, well spoken ;)

You can get replacement panels... down the road you can find a mostly good body and swap it, be it 60 or 62.... you will get your 1000$ out of the truck and most likely more. My bud has a decent 60 body BTW...

Where is your "Bud?"

Yeah, but dont be fooled it needs a drivers rear door and a passengers front door. The quarters below the lowest body line need work. It also helps when the seller is in a hurry to sell and has no clue about land cruisers!

I think the bite might be worse than the bark. That body looks like a nightmare. Rust everywhere.
-David

its worth that to me in just parts

i would buy it
maybe even chop it up

I bought my 87 fj60 for 1500.00.. it wasnt in as bad shape but still some body rust around the wheel wells and in the floor near the rear wheel wells. frame has surface rust and then some. but I cut out the rust with a sawzall and fiberglassed the holes and bondo the rest. It is cheap material so if you can do it yourself u should be able to alot of body work for $1500.00 budget. It doesnt have to be perfect and it will eventually come back but ...for a $1000.00 vehicle if it lasts a few years it'll be worth it. The problem u may run into is the one i have now... U may want to do MORE IE...5 speed tranny, chevy V8 conversion, Lift kit etc...then u have to decide if u want to dump alot of money into it. I would scrub on the frame esp around the humps that go over the rear wheel wells....they rot from the inside out so It may not be so apparent. I got to scrubbing on mine by shoving a piece of 1/2 inch flexpipe into the holes in the side of the frame it was attached to a shop vac and sucked out alot of rusty shingles. Im thinking about running some POR down the holes on a rag attached to a rod or plumbers snake. I love the way the truck drives though ...so I say go for it. BTW ...so far ive replaced...springs, hood bumps, pedal pads, wiperblades, front bumper, carpet, choke cable, front brake pads...plus the body work and paint...about 500.00 so far in self done repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom