FJ 60 Muffler/Tailpipe?

Landpimp

GOLD Star
 
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
16,109
Location
Gig Harbor WA
can get OEM muffler and tailpipe) with a lifetime warantee(if installed by Toyota) for about $130+ half hour or so install.
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
5,522
Location
in the garage
forgot about that

Landpimp said:
can get OEM muffler and tailpipe) with a lifetime warantee(if installed by Toyota) for about $130+ half hour or so install.
toyota went to lifetime warr. on their exhausts and struts/shocks. ;)
 
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
86
Location
Bakalakadaka St.
the PO had glasspacks installed on mine when i got it. first thing i did was put on a flowmaster with 2.5" pipes. since then there has been no need to continue the therapy sessions for the cruiser due to insecurity issues........
 
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
657
Location
Northern Colorado
2badfjs said:
toyota went to lifetime warr. on their exhausts and struts/shocks. ;)
So let me get this straight. I have an 87 fj60 with the original exhaust system, and you are telling me that it has a life time warranty? Where can I find this in writing?

I can here it now "Sir, your car has 210,000 miles on it. Nothing is under warranty anymore."
 
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
789
Location
Boise
phantom60 said:
the PO had glasspacks installed on mine when i got it. first thing i did was put on a flowmaster with 2.5" pipes. since then there has been no need to continue the therapy sessions for the cruiser due to insecurity issues........

how do you like the flowmaster? I want my s***e to sound good.
 
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
86
Location
Bakalakadaka St.
wingysataday said:
I want mine to sound throaty!
the flowmaster will definately give you "throaty". i went with the 50 series SUV am VERY happy with the sound. it actually ended up sounding better than i had expected.........
 

FJ40Jim

The Cruiser Whisperer
 
 
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
10,458
Location
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Replacement exhaust and shocks purchased and installed at the Toyota dealer carry a lifetime warranty.

Dirty Toad said:
So let me get this straight. I have an 87 fj60 with the original exhaust system, and you are telling me that it has a life time warranty? Where can I find this in writing?

I can here it now "Sir, your car has 210,000 miles on it. Nothing is under warranty anymore."
 

VTCruiser

 
 
Joined
Sep 12, 2003
Messages
3,475
Location
Tacoma, WA
I am partial to magnaflow straight-thru mufflers. Anyone tried these on a cruiser?

I am thinking about going with a 2.5"-3" SS system with a magnaflow after i turbo the 1HZ.
 
Top Bottom