1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fj 60 Jump seats?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by wildman4wheeler, Nov 12, 2003.

1. wildman4wheeler

wildman4wheeler

Anyone try and jump some Fj40 Jumpseats in the back cargo area in a Fj60? Like up agaist the sides or something.

2. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    No, but rear jump seats were an option on 60/1/2 in other markets.

check out the seating options....
    [​IMG]

John H

3. theferg

theferg

Media:
    Whoah! And so was a front bench or split bench seat up front!!! Cool! :eek: Those jump seats are cool too, but I don't think I could handle that many people in my rig at once.. :p

-Ferg-

4. wildman4wheeler

wildman4wheeler

so it was something i just thought up!

5. Jman

Jman

I just don't think there's enough headroom for full grown adults in a standard roof 60 for jump seats/bench seats. Ever have someone sit on the wheel well and drive over a bumpy road? Can you say "compressed cervical vertebrae"?

Might be fun for the shorties, though! :cheers:

6. dogboy

dogboy

7. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    When I had my 62, I looked at putting in an aftermarket bench seat in the back, they can be bought from SOR and others. Another thought was that I believe (could be wrong) that some 80 series also use a fold up rear jump type seat here in north America. Anyone with an 80 seen these and if so would they work in a 60 series.

8. thorvald

thorvald .......

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=fsusteve link=board=1;threadid=7469;start=msg62660#msg62660 date=1068744729]
    When I had my 62, I looked at putting in an aftermarket bench seat in the back, they can be bought from SOR and others. Another thought was that I believe (could be wrong) that some 80 series also use a fold up rear jump type seat here in north America. Anyone with an 80 seen these and if so would they work in a 60 series.
    [/quote]

i believe most of them came with fold up rear seats. they sit facing forward.
    they sit right on the floor, so should work as long as persons not real tall. not sure you could fit two in with the wheel wells. see them in the for sale section every once in a while. while theyre handy about once a year the rest of the time they limit the room in the rear.

9. vtcruiser60

vtcruiser60 SILVER Star

FSUsteve,

On your 80 series question...Yes. I have two forward facing seats that fold up against the side walls. I believe these are fairly standard. Mine are pretty plush compared to the rather sparse looking jumpseats typical in the 40 series. We can easily pack 8 people into the FJ80. I agree with Thorvald that one might need to be somewhat short to make them work in the 60.

10. Kief

Kief

I thought that maybe a roof rack and some old boat seat that swivel would be cool... "HEY, you kids get along or I'm gonna make ya' ride on the roof!" They'd be up their spinning in the wind having a good time. I would have to buy them some tough umbrellas.

11. lovetoski

lovetoski SILVER Star

I think that some of the rear seating configurations that Landpimp showed were based on ccruisers with a taller roof. As some of you have pointed out, the NA cruisers we are used to would have limited headroom for a 3rd row seat (unless you are a kid, or really short.) Anyway, the taller roof would take care of that problem. That would be an ambitious mod though...probably :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

12. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    [quote author=lovetoski link=board=1;threadid=7469;start=msg62944#msg62944 date=1068791257]
    I think that some of the rear seating configurations that Landpimp showed were based on ccruisers with a taller roof. As some of you have pointed out, the NA cruisers we are used to would have limited headroom for a 3rd row seat (unless you are a kid, or really short.) Anyway, the taller roof would take care of that problem. That would be an ambitious mod though...probably :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
    [/quote]

actaully I'm pretty sure the 3rd row seats in 60/2 were availble in high or low roof models, I agree in a low roof(what we got in NA) the 3rd seats would be child only.

80 series are all basicly a high roof model, so the 3rd row seats work better

John H

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">