fj 60 fuel leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got new tires and now have a fuel leak. Leaking on the right rear and shop says that the fuel pump tube is the problem. I have not been able to find one. Any ideas ? He says the part is Toyota 77224060050 and the gasket is77169-14020. I found the gasket and not the tube. Thanks for any help. Fuel tank was replaced about ten years ago. Mike

Im on the phone but maybe this thread will help

A malfunctioning charcoal canister will over pressurize the gas tank which can literally blow a vapor hose off its pipe - and then gasoline can dribble out fast. Happened to me.

Take a look under the truck and in the right rear access panel. Look for disconnected or blown hoses.

A malfunctioning charcoal canister will over pressurize the gas tank which can literally blow a vapor hose off its pipe - and then gasoline can dribble out fast. Happened to me.

Take a look under the truck and in the right rear access panel. Look for disconnected or blown hoses.

Unfortunately the fuel tank suction tube is rusted and leaking gas. Part is no longer available from Toyota. I have been calling around and no one seems to have one. Any body know if there are nay aftermarket devices? Thanks, Mike

Just got new tires and now have a fuel leak. Leaking on the right rear and shop says that the fuel pump tube is the problem. I have not been able to find one. Any ideas ? He says the part is Toyota 77224060050 and the gasket is77169-14020. I found the gasket and not the tube. Thanks for any help. Fuel tank was replaced about ten years ago. Mike
I think your part number for the tube is incorrect. I think the number sequence/format should be 12345-12345. Regardless I have replaced both the sender and fuel tube in the last 6 months. The sender was after market and the tube was OEM. I'll look through my records and see where I got the tube.
SimS

Unfortunately the fuel tank suction tube is rusted and leaking gas. Part is no longer available from Toyota. I have been calling around and no one seems to have one. Any body know if there are nay aftermarket devices? Thanks, Mike

is this a FJ62 ?

or

FJ60

what year truck and make

if a FJ60 metal tubes are part of the fuel tank right @OSS

so if a metal tube then @Seth S then that's part of the main tank ?

77100-60110 / 77100-60200

am i missing something or have we NOT determined if a FJ60 or FJ62 ? 🤔

i see title of thread is FJ60 fuel leak

but part # of a FJ62 Suctions tube is :
23206-61010 DISC. / NLA

ONLY a 62 with a internal EFI pump will have a replaceable suction tube assy stalks ?

FJ60 tank below

then 2nd diagram FJ62 EFI USA SPEC.

now , if a NON USA FJ62 with a 3F then ?????????

FJ60LG-KA USA spec.

1624094094530.png

1624094150082.png

FJ62LG-PNEA USA spec.

1624094359106.png

NOW , the correct part # @Mike Cassidy is trying to convey is : 77240-60050 i think ?

a 77240-60050 is for a 1965 FJ45 ?

please clarify @Mike Cassidy 🤔

I am original owner of this 1984 Toyota FJ 60. The fuel tank has been replaced twice since the original. First time under Toyota recall and then again about ten years ago when a frame swap was done. After last fuel tank replacement there was a fuel leak which was repaired . The current fuel tank was an original Toyota part. The shop which is doing the repairs told me that this was the part that was needed. That is where things stand as of yesterday. I will let you know how things proceed. Thanks a lot for your help. Mike Cassidy

I am original owner of this 1984 Toyota FJ 60. The fuel tank has been replaced twice since the original. First time under Toyota recall and then again about ten years ago when a frame swap was done. After last fuel tank replacement there was a fuel leak which was repaired . The current fuel tank was an original Toyota part. The shop which is doing the repairs told me that this was the part that was needed. That is where things stand as of yesterday. I will let you know how things proceed. Thanks a lot for your help. Mike Cassidy

clarify the needed parts Mike

i gave you the tools to do this eazy peezy

down load and print off all MY fj60 ONLY diagrams

have the shop circly in red ink all needed parts

then you have what you need and it ALL ON THEM to make this clear to you THE paying Customer

you deserve to understand whjat going on here and dont hesitate to tell them just that in plain english !

i Can't stand SHOTTY proposals and half wit toyota info from dealers or shops who cant simply communicate ..........:mad:

i got your back here mike

PM me further if u need any help

matt :)

From Partsouq

Available from Partsouq or local dealership

View attachment 2707933

mt goodwin ,

good morning sir ..

i thought this part was ONLY for a BJ and HJ application ?

is this a sending unit delete retrofit or something hybrid

i don't understand ?

thanks

Thanks to everyone including Classic Cruisers for the help in fixing the fuel problem. Just got the truck back and everything seems fine. Only time will tell.. Classic Cruisers was great and very reasonable for the needed parts. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom