1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FJ 60 Donor

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Mrpoopypants, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Mrpoopypants

Mrpoopypants Guest

I have access to a 1980 FJ-60 Donor vehicle. I am thinking of taking the A/C and putting it in my 40. Is it possable and/or even worth the effort?
    Also, My FJ-40 has a Chevy 350. Will the bigger Rad from the 60 cool the V8 better then the stock FJ40 rad?
    Thnx

2. Stumper

Stumper

Funny you should post this, I just also got a doner 60, and was attempting the same thing. Unfortunalty the A/C box is way to big to fit under the dash of a 40. it looked like everything else was going to fit, including putting holes for the vents and the whole works. But once we got it out of the 60 an ddid prelim fitting on the 40, there just wasnt enough room.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

Russ

3. David F

David F

I've got an 83 FJ60 with no A/C. If your not going to be using that A/C system mabey we could work a deal?

davidflach@sbcglobal.net

4. Mrpoopypants

Mrpoopypants Guest

Donor vehicle is at a salvage yard. fortunatly for me no one around here is in to Landcruisers. Infact only one FJ40 I've seen and it belongs to an old couple that have had it forever. If you are in Kansas I can help you get it but then I am not sure that it is in working condition.