fj-60.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anybody dealt with this vendor? I am looking for a good vendor to buy OME suspension from, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

2fROOKIE said:
Has anybody dealt with this vendor? I am looking for a good vendor to buy OME suspension from, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Better bite quick if you find 60 series OME springs in N.A. They arn't importing them anymore, so whatever is on the shelf is the last of the OME sold new. Now Dakar only.

I'd encourage you to try Rocky-Road.com, too. That's where I got my OME kit! Great price and good service!
Best of luck!

euclid said:
Better bite quick if you find 60 series OME springs in N.A. They arn't importing them anymore, so whatever is on the shelf is the last of the OME sold new. Now Dakar only.
Is this just 60 series or is this the case with others too?

yeah man they are a great family owner company....you call and prob here kids in the background...i always like giving my money to family own shops like that....that dude will go out on a limb for ya too...

-Al

2fROOKIE said:

I've bought a lift and made several other items from them and always very good service. Also, if you don't see something you need give them a call and they can probably get it for you. I've also found that with smaller shops sometimes they give you little better pricing on the phone.

StanCruiserMan said:
Is this just 60 series or is this the case with others too?

All Landcruiser leaf springs are now Dakar, pickup/4Runner models also... So far, so good, we have sold/installed 30+ kits with great results :D

non-dakar OME

I certainly recognize the economic benefit of the dakar suspension, but would really like to put all aussie parts on my crusier :banana: . I have been wanting a project 60 for some time and have always fawned over the OME suspension. Hope I will still be able to find a heavy kit out there somewhere. thanks for replys! :bounce: :bounce:

2fROOKIE said:
I certainly recognize the economic benefit of the dakar suspension, but would really like to put all aussie parts on my crusier :banana: . I have been wanting a project 60 for some time and have always fawned over the OME suspension. Hope I will still be able to find a heavy kit out there somewhere. thanks for replys! :bounce: :bounce:

For what it's worth, straight from the mouth of ARB U.S.A., Dakar is OME. Exact same technical specs, same grade of steel, same design, same testing standards, same warranty, etc..., etc...

The OME product wasn't competive on price and ARB felt (rightly so) that they were losing too much business to competitor's product, so in order to reduce price points, they moved the production of the OME product to Malaysia and renamed it Dakar, in turn passing the savings on to their consumers.

Dakar=OME, same product at the end of the day, only less expensive for all of us :D

-db-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom