FJ 60/62 value difference between 250K and 350K miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

really depends on the individual truck and whether it appears that it's been properly maintained over the years and mileage.

Yeah, there’s few enough of these that it could vary wildly. Was it maintained, modded, or wheeled? Was it in a wreck? Did it live in the salty NE or dry desert? The 350K one could be worth more than the 250K depending on just those factors. However, the ones crossing the auction block today at eye watering prices are exceptions. They tend to be low mileage garage queens or barn finds.

I did say similar condition, which means they are alike in terms of maintenanc, salt roads, rust, paint, interior, even colors the same etc. The ONLY difference being 250K miles vs. 350K.

I’ve got 330,000 miles on the original 2F bottom end on mine. I consider the truck worthless and I use it like a tool.

Its a good life. I don’t see high mileage trucks selling for a premium like the sub 150k mile trucks.

An original engine with 350K on it will need to be rebuilt or replaced ASAP.
The one with 250K on it can go for years and years if it was well taken care of
Makes perfect sense, why many I see for sale have 270-280K miles. They know what’s coming, also why I was asking the question. Seems like a line many prefer not to cross.

...Man, I got 310K on my body, but like the good machine spirit requires... nearly everything else has been sacrificed... then replaced, adjusted, tweaked, and improved.

Once you do the big things like paint, interior, axles, suspension, powertrain... what the heck is that spinny boi on the dash anyhow other than a reminder of how many miles of fun you've had?

I'd not trade my V8'd CA plated filth wagon for anything, and I truly only use the triple-digit odo to tell me when to change the fluids ;)

what is the difference in the market for similar condition fj 60/62 with 250K miles and one with 350K miles?
Also; the BaT auction sites are really running prices up... which; if you wanna sell... is a good thing.
But, truth be told, a CA / AZ non rusted out 6X body is worth a whole lot more at 300K+ than someone's 180K+ rust-belt cruiser with holes in the gutters, A-pillar, and rear fenders...

...The reason these things are actually valuable is because time can't make a under-stressed, over-built, beam axle 5-passenger truck obsolete yet, despite the 12-15mpg they get and the rarity of parts. Since no modern marque these days produces something that's remotely close, and the compound factoring in of the "Toyota Tax" for the brand recognition and legacy heritage guffaws... sheesh; you're paying 15K for a 300K CA-plated stocker.

"Similar condition" is so hard for someone who's not mechanically apt to determine. And, the rise in prices really has to do more with folks with more cash than ability dropping racks on a vehicle they understand only representationally.

Rant over.

I beat on my truck and the 3FE has 315,000 miles on it. Yeah it's got some crappy compression but I can still do 80 mph on the flats.

The value of these trucks varies heavily on a lot of factors. A friend just sold one for $6,500 in meh condition. Another friend bought a super clean one a year before the pandemic for $10,000.

When I was looking in 2006 I ended up buying one that was just about as perfect and restored as you could get for $3,500 and I felt like I overpaid $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom