FJ 55 Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 1971 FJ55. I know parts are hard to come by, but what are some sights that "Have it all." I need some that dont just come up on google. Tried that already.

I need dash and gauges (new), Glass(new), hood, spring over kit, rear window motor, weather stripping that is not $2000.

Thanks

Keep searching the classified section and the 55 section at the bottom of the Forum page the weather strip will not be cheap as you know the rest you can come across used,glass I think is still obtainable.
Try posting this in the 55 section more Pig owners there.

Welcome to Ih8mud. Yep, what Diesler said and.

Unobtanium as new:
Dash
gauges

Rubber: this is a link, click on it>>>>>SLOCRUISERS

Going spring over is the same as for an fj40 except for one bracket welded to the top of the front axle, drivers side, which will have to be removed first.

Where are you located? I have a hood that is correct for your year FJ55. I am located on the central coast of California.

I have a hood in Pennsylvania from a 71/72.

I just bought a 1971 FJ55. I know parts are hard to come by, but what are some sights that "Have it all." I need some that dont just come up on google. Tried that already.

I need dash and gauges (new), Glass(new), hood, spring over kit, rear window motor, weather stripping that is not $2000.

Thanks

if cost is an issue, then sell the 39 year old rig.

Early dash? there is a proto type dash cap in the works currently, nothing else unless you find a rare non cracked unit on a parts rig.
guage cluster, post up for a used one
"F" hood, should be able to find one somewhat local or use mud ship if you find one far away.
spring over kit is the rig running and driving currently? if not get it moving and enjoy it as is, then decide which route to go, a decent lift or sprung over
rear window motor are you sure it is the motor? could be wiring, or the gear is stripped, or the tailgate switch.

if you have specific questions, start a thread in the tech section, the people on here are very helpful.
specific questions are much better than a general question.

my .02

Welcome to MUD!

This section is the best 55 resource I have found.

Read up on the tailgate window.

I am sure you will an early instument cluster for sale.

I would try wheeling your rig spring under unitl you get used to it, they are a little narrow. But I am not sure what kind of wheeling you want to do.

Available parts

Let me know what glass you need, I have all door glass available. Also a very good early hood and a gauge cluster. PM me for pics and prices.

Stuff here in New Mexico as well...hood, TG motor, some glass etc.. So, it will help if we know where you are at.

I am in eastern oregon. I need a winshield, all other glass is good. I will check on the rear window issue, thanks. Also what is the best way to fix a sagging door???
Need a solid hood to.

As others have said and you probably already found out, new parts for the '55 are getting pretty scarce. Lot's of us have a small or not so small stash of parts that we all share. Keeping a 30+ year old truck on the road is not always easy or cheap.

I live in Boise, ID and have some of the parts you need. Rear window motor and parts etc. Guages too. Send me a PM.

You can get a new windsheild from your glass supplier. You will have to order new weatherstripping from someone like SOR or SLOCruisers.

Before you replace windsheild - do you need to replace headliner? You cannot replace headliner w/o removing windsheild weatherstrip...

ive got cargo glass, possibly a door glass and a hood, all in denver area if you're near here.

Parts in Tahoe

Kaino, you're in east Oregon? I'm east side of NorCal.. Tahoe.

I have a blem-free front windshield and super clean early 70's hood.

you can contact me HERE

and I'll give you a good price on them

shawn

*good luck on the project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom