fj-40 speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dose anyone have any ideas for speakers for the back of the forties? i would like to put at least two back there and have no idea where. Pictures would be great!

2007?

Have you ever found the Frequently Asked Questions list stuck to the top of the thread topics here?

F A Q <---- this is a link

Spend some time in there and you would have found this:

Electrical information/upgrades

L E D bulbs / L E D tail lights

Treeroot bib/marker lamp mods

Headlamp switch bulb info

OEM style electrical connectors

Speaker/Radio info

Heater blower motor upgrade

Electric fan Info

Difference between a generator and an Alternator.

GM Alternator info

Ammeter/Voltmeter info

Gear reduction starter motor upgrade

:wrench:

Charlie and I mounted his on the roll bars,by the back seats.We put in Bose weather- proof. They sound very nice. Mike

I just bought a set of speakers designed for wake boarding / ski boats - the contained type that mount on the top rack of a boat and face rear. I am going to mount mine lower on the roll cage - one on each side, forward facing. They are waterproof, in a sealed ABS enclosure and mount on a roll bar. After owning a 40 more than 15 years and trying various speakers, I like these the best. The amp is going under the driver seat in the tool box.

I never did take pictures before I pulled the top apart. I used a 1x12 pine board cut to width, then covered in the same headliner material and mounted to 6x9's in 2 enclosed boxes. This works really well, their out of the way.

I built a shelf to mount to the rain gutters. Keeps the speakers out of the way and gives me a good place to store stuff. I posted some pics in another thread a couple months ago.

I used to have two small speaker boxes that had 6x9 speakers in them and had each one placed on the floor behind each seat. It was simple and worked pretty good. The current setup in a different 40 is two Pioneer TSX series speakers mounted with hose clamps to the roll bar. The Pioneer TSX Speakers come in speaker boxes already to easily mount to the roll bar.

buy a set of Fiero seats. they have the speakers mounted in the head rests

Several companies make amplified sub woofers that will fit under the drivers seat if you are into that type thing. Several in our club have the Blaupunkt THb 210 sub and it sounds great. There is also the Concept HBX 10 (don't know if it will fit).

Later

I just finished installing these. They're Tuffy Storage boxes with a space for a 6x9 speaker.
Speaker & Storage Security Lockbox Set for Jeep Wrangler, YJ, Toyota FJ-40, Defender 90, Defender 110

I'm very pleased with them. I cut a piece of plywood, bolted it to the wheel well using the jump seat holes, then used wood screws to attach the tuffy box to the plywood. The plywood gives clearance for the roll bar bolts and I didn't have to drill holes in the wheel well.
DSC00792.jpg
DSC00793.jpg
DSC00783.jpg

I picked up a set of 5 1/4" lo-profile marine speakers. They fit very nicely in the "pocket" on either side of the barn door inside the tub. I just used 3 small self tappers each and screwed them right in. Cant really tell they are there and sound good. I'd post a pic but I have none right now.

I know this is an old topic and one of many threads. Just thought I would share my weekend project as I have gone without tunes in my 76 for two years. This is my pre-finish fit and audio check. Too cold to paint and seal. That will wait for another weekend before the top comes off...
Photo Jan 10, 12 57 49 PM.jpg

I picked up a set of indoor/outdoor speakers from kmart and bolted to the rollbar, worked for 6+ years. I run a softop all year.

I think they would sound better if fed by a better stereo unit, mine was $5 from the pick n pull.
It replaced a fancier $25 pick n pull unit that was stolen. The fancy display on it must've made the crackheads that stalk our parking lots think it was worth something, cause they haven't touched the new one with a dial.

PO installed these. They sound good, but will be yanked at some time in the future. Just a little too ghetto for my taste...

5352195827_c416228791.jpg

:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom