FJ-40 bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D

Dirt_is_our_friend

:doh: :doh: :doh: i know i know..........well help moving my dads heep today i accidently bent the end of my bumper pushing him. I was planning on replacing it this winter but it looks like i will be sooner :p any suggestions? i dont like JT outfitters CCOT's i wish road armor made something for FJ-40's or truck farm did also. I like the high front cause i go through alot of brush and small trees at work and need something that i can also hook my winch and tow hooks etc too.....any ideas? :cheers:

1) Get a BFH and an anvil and straighten it out.

2) When you have the cash, buy a new OEM from toyota (maybe CDan can get one) or one of the folks out there that sell them. OEM looks best, and they are available.

i have a spare stocker but the the thing is i want my winch to have a little more protection than that.............. i can bend it easy but i want a little more rugged looking peice ya know?

see my pics in the Hardcore Corner, the "and it starts" thread....custom bumper.

I do like the CCOT bumper for a bolt on....I wanted shorter and lighter tho...you could always get it bumper only and add yer own brush guard.

I like this MAF bullbar, shown here on a 55, but it's $$.

fj55bullbar2.JPG

I'm actually having my machine shop brake me a 6' piece of 1/4" flat into channel to match the stock bumper today. It'll cost me like $25. I've been looking at alot of bumper/pushbar pics and am going to build something like what yooper just posted. I doubt I'll have over $70 into it by the time I'm done.

[quote author=folsom50 link=board=1;threadid=12065;start=msg110282#msg110282 date=1077738262]
I'm actually having my machine shop brake me a 6' piece of 1/4" flat into channel to match the stock bumper today. It'll cost me like $25. I've been looking at alot of bumper/pushbar pics and am going to build something like what yooper just posted. I doubt I'll have over $70 into it by the time I'm done.
[/quote]

Wise decision Obeewon. 8)

Materials are usually the cheap part of these undertakings...

YIKES! yooper, you said that bumper was $$, but you didn't say it was 750$$ A person can buy all the tools needed to build one for that.

thats the max i want to spend on a bumper but i really like that one alot. Its exactly what i am evisioning............anyone else got any? i think in the issue of a off-road magazine cant remember which one..........(the one with the rebuildable OME shocks DIY) there was an ad for a bumper and it was a white bumper and it was on a older bronco.............anyone have that issue? it was under the hot steups or something like that :)

I like the MAF (Renagade/Dave Gore) bumper on my 45, it strong and simple. Think it was $160 to my door.....but I might be off a bit.
18362238.jpg

New OEM bumpers are $120

I agree with landpimp - cheap, strong and good looking. I added a couple of shackle brakets and the MAF brush guard - strong for a brush guard but not a true front hoop which will save your hood when you roll.

well does anyone have more info on that MAF bumper posted earlier? if so please gimme a website or sumthin i like the looks of that thing! 8)

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=12065;start=msg110562#msg110562 date=1077762132]
uh why don't you try Maf's website.
www.man-a-fre.com
New at this aren't ya? :D
[/quote]
lol right after i typed that i said man a fre! lol i felt really dumb......... :doh:

anyone know good tires that can fit on stock 40 rims that have good mud performance? i may be entering the 40 in a mud bog competition........... 8) these dont even have to real street tires as i will only use them for soup mud........ :D

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=12065;start=msg110480#msg110480 date=1077755968]
I like the MAF (Renagade/Dave Gore) bumper on my 45, it strong and simple. Think it was $160 to my door.....but I might be off a bit.
18362238.jpg

New OEM bumpers are $120
[/quote]

I'm sure it's been said before; but you've got to have some of the best lookin' Cruisers I have ever seen. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom