FJ-40 bumpers

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Dirt_is_our_friend, Feb 25, 2004.

1. :doh: :doh: :doh: i know i know..........well help moving my dads heep today i accidently bent the end of my bumper pushing him. I was planning on replacing it this winter but it looks like i will be sooner :p any suggestions? i dont like JT outfitters CCOT's i wish road armor made something for FJ-40's or truck farm did also. I like the high front cause i go through alot of brush and small trees at work and need something that i can also hook my winch and tow hooks etc too.....any ideas? :cheers:

2. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    1) Get a BFH and an anvil and straighten it out.

2) When you have the cash, buy a new OEM from toyota (maybe CDan can get one) or one of the folks out there that sell them. OEM looks best, and they are available.

3. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    If this is gonna get beat, go with 5" C-Channel and build off that. Works great, is cheap and easily found.

4. i have a spare stocker but the the thing is i want my winch to have a little more protection than that.............. i can bend it easy but i want a little more rugged looking peice ya know?

5. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    see my pics in the Hardcore Corner, the "and it starts" thread....custom bumper.

I do like the CCOT bumper for a bolt on....I wanted shorter and lighter tho...you could always get it bumper only and add yer own brush guard.

6. yooper

yooper SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I like this MAF bullbar, shown here on a 55, but it's $$.

[​IMG]

7. folsom50

folsom50

Media:
    I'm actually having my machine shop brake me a 6' piece of 1/4" flat into channel to match the stock bumper today. It'll cost me like $25. I've been looking at alot of bumper/pushbar pics and am going to build something like what yooper just posted. I doubt I'll have over $70 into it by the time I'm done.

8. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=folsom50 link=board=1;threadid=12065;start=msg110282#msg110282 date=1077738262]
    I'm actually having my machine shop brake me a 6' piece of 1/4" flat into channel to match the stock bumper today. It'll cost me like $25. I've been looking at alot of bumper/pushbar pics and am going to build something like what yooper just posted. I doubt I'll have over $70 into it by the time I'm done.
    [/quote]

Wise decision Obeewon. 8)

9. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Materials are usually the cheap part of these undertakings...

10. folsom50

folsom50

Media:
    YIKES! yooper, you said that bumper was $$, but you didn't say it was 750$$ A person can buy all the tools needed to build one for that.

11. thats the max i want to spend on a bumper but i really like that one alot. Its exactly what i am evisioning............anyone else got any? i think in the issue of a off-road magazine cant remember which one..........(the one with the rebuildable OME shocks DIY) there was an ad for a bumper and it was a white bumper and it was on a older bronco.............anyone have that issue? it was under the hot steups or something like that :)

12. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    I like the MAF (Renagade/Dave Gore) bumper on my 45, it strong and simple. Think it was $160 to my door.....but I might be off a bit.
    [​IMG]

New OEM bumpers are $120

13. osteology

osteology

I agree with landpimp - cheap, strong and good looking. I added a couple of shackle brakets and the MAF brush guard - strong for a brush guard but not a true front hoop which will save your hood when you roll.

14. well does anyone have more info on that MAF bumper posted earlier? if so please gimme a website or sumthin i like the looks of that thing! 8)

15. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

16. [quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=12065;start=msg110562#msg110562 date=1077762132]
    uh why don't you try Maf's website.
    www.man-a-fre.com
    New at this aren't ya? :D
    [/quote]
    lol right after i typed that i said man a fre! lol i felt really dumb......... :doh:

17. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

18. anyone know good tires that can fit on stock 40 rims that have good mud performance? i may be entering the 40 in a mud bog competition........... 8) these dont even have to real street tires as i will only use them for soup mud........ :D

19. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=12065;start=msg110480#msg110480 date=1077755968]
    I like the MAF (Renagade/Dave Gore) bumper on my 45, it strong and simple. Think it was $160 to my door.....but I might be off a bit.
    [​IMG]

New OEM bumpers are $120
    [/quote]

I'm sure it's been said before; but you've got to have some of the best lookin' Cruisers I have ever seen. :cheers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.