FJ 40 blinker relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The blinker works fine for driver side. For the passenger side, it blinks once and then nothing. Any ideas on if I can fix it?
20201101_163116.jpg

With lights, turn signals and really any electrical gremlins, it is always good to start with the electrical grounds. Before replacing the relay, I would check and make sure the turn signal is grounded.

I didn't think there was a flasher for either side. 1 flasher for turn signals and 1 flasher for hazards, unless I'm thinking of a different year.

The blinker works fine for driver side. For the passenger side, it blinks once and then nothing. Any ideas on if I can fix it?
View attachment 2483803

if one side blinks and flashes normal at least , your grey silver 81980-30040 flasher box does indeed work

start simple and low cost , change out ALL hazard function bulbs at one time , inspect the sockets them self's inside for rust and corrosion , make darn sure you don't forget to apply a generous amount of full synthetic Di-electric grease to both deep inside the empty socked and wet down the bulbs sockets parts too for good measure , then preform your full function test again

to see whats what about all that ............

good luck
'

I didn't think there was a flasher for either side. 1 flasher for turn signals and 1 flasher for hazards, unless I'm thinking of a different year.
Some FJ40s had only one flasher (for both the turn signals and hazards), others had two (one for the turn signals and one for the hazards).

Do all bulbs work when the hazards are on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom