Fj 40 Aluminum tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i know that truck...buddy of mine was looking at it....the V8 conversion looked a bit shotty iirc...the tub was a bit beat but hey, would be perfect for a wheeler, that first dent wouldnt hurt nearly as much!

i cant say for sure, it was over a year ago i think that i had looked at it, its probably been sitting since, it looks to be in the same yard that i saw it in. its been too long to really remember much to be honest. i had gone and looked at it with a friend, he was interested in buying it at the time...guess he never picked it up though

you will have to drill the holes for the doors...im pretty sure that pretty much any tub will accept amby doors. i dont think it was THAT beat but...its not exactly what you would get if you pulled up to aqualu with a pocket full of cash...

If you end up getting it, talk to me before you scrap your old tub.

If you need some extra muscle I would be willing to swap it for unneeded sheet metal.

who would have thought that " s c r a p " was a bad word... I must not be keeping up with the times.

ya for sure... not sure what I'd do with my old tub might toss it back on that one and see if I can sell it off cheep.... but either way we can talk about it... still have to take a look at it and find out if I want it or what sorta stuff is wrong with it.

As for the doors and such doesn't it also depend on what year of tub it is? i know that aqualu sells two different styles of tub one for 78 and older and one for 79 and newer.... so I guess I should start by finding out if its an aqualu tub and if so what style it is...

From the look of it it is a 75 or newer... in 79 the fuel tank changed which is why the tubs are different. In 79 the tank goes across under both the front seats.

Let me know what you find.

John

only difference would be the gas tank location...pre 78 is under the tub, post is inside the cab..there might also be differences with the e-brake location and trans tunnle shape yadda yadda...

I'm sure with a little creativity you could fit a 79+ newer tub on if thats what it is. You'd likely just have to swap the gas tank and a couple of the body mounts on the frame.

But doable.

unless you know someone that can weld aluminum for you.... :D

I read something here on the main forum that puts the tub install at about 20 hrs real labor time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom