FJ 25, FJ35, FJ45 LV, FJ45V Fender Turn Signal (1 Viewer)

Reproduce?

• YES

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I recently bought this rare turn signal. The seller had only one piece and he didn't want to sell it.
I had to pay a large amount just to convince him to sell it and hope I get another piece in the future.
I was thinking now that I have the original piece, should I talk to a manufacturer and see if I can reproduce these?
I don't know how much it will cost or how long it will take, as I have never done this before, but its just a thought💡
Therefore, I made a poll, to see if anyone is interested in this project.

KfxD1Vbw.jpg
HQdowj_A.jpg

Wow, unicorns continue to show up. All of the guys on MUD with a FJ35V will definitely be needing a set. 😁 This is awesome.

Last edited:
The lenses appear to be similar to the early double sided lenses. Some of us 40 guys would be interested in a set of Repops. The 40 lenses were stamped kioto l1046 and l1047. Doesn’t look like there are any stamping on your lenses. I will try to get a measurement this weekend on the lenses

Is there Kioto imprinted on the rubber bases?

For us less fortunate without NOS lenses, here are some dimensions on the L1047 lens Outside is +/- 92mm and threaded area is 87.5mm
1614118994656.jpeg

1614118947920.jpeg

I'm interested in the two sided Tuna cans for a '62 FJ40, but they had a shorter base like later one sided tuna cans. So a set without bases would work for me.

I was of actually thinking of reproducing it, but then I got a message from a friend of mine, @Arabian Cruiser, saying he has already spoke to some manufacturers and he is going to start work soon. Therefore, I don't see a reason for both of us to work on the same project.
Here are some pictures from his fender lights:
photo_2021-02-25_16-50-54.jpg

photo_2021-02-25_16-50-58.jpg

Kourish, when you receive this will you post up some close up detailed pictures? This part is too cool.

Yep.

Kourosh,

Came across this thread now over a year later. It appears there are TWO versions of this 35 series lamp: your model, which has threaded lenses with NO screw holes, and your friend's model, which uses three screws to hold each lens. The 1961-1962 front signal lamps on the FJ40 had similar threaded dual lenses with scalloped edges, and the following years only had one-side/front-facing lenses using three screws. It's possible your lenses would match those on the 1961-1962 FJ40, and your friend's might match the 1963-1969 lenses used on the FJ40.

Perhaps someone with access to both a 35 series lamp and a 40 series lamp might comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom