Fixing Flashers that flash quick? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive had a wierd problem with my flashers since i bought it the both sides flash fast front and rear,,and bulbs all work,,i was sure i saw a how to about this somewhere but cant find it,,lol
hopfully someone here can help me fix this cause it drives me nuts,,:D

Assuming you have all the original lights, that came with the rig.
I would replace the flasher.

Do you have LED lights on your rig?

no led's on my truck,,

by replacing the flasher u mean the flasher relay?
and can anyone tell me where to find the relay and can you tell me if their is only 1 relay for all flashers? thanks

When this has happened to me in the past,it was a grounding issue,corroded wires or trailer wiring hooked up poorly. 2 cents Mike

I would check the bulbs. "Heavy Duty" bulbs will make your lights blink faster. Some folks when they are shopping for bulbs see the HD on the rack and get those thinking they are something special. Get regular bulbs and call it a day.

soudns like it might be a resistance issue. i have this problem off and on with my 40 and i am pretty sure it is the rear lights... mud and water gets kicked up onto aftermarket/quickfix connections and you get corrosion.... Check all wiring connections, that the bulbs connections are clean, etc...

I think you can find standard relays at autozone and what not. you could also change to a no load flasher to eliminate the problem but probably better to track it down first.

I would check the bulbs. "Heavy Duty" bulbs will make your lights blink faster. Some folks when they are shopping for bulbs see the HD on the rack and get those thinking they are something special. Get regular bulbs and call it a day.

X2. I noticed a faster signal flash when I put my signals in my corner markers. All I did was change the connectors, and I left the original bulbs in them. At 1st, I was like WTF? how can that be? Then I realized the only thing that changed was bulb size.

Yes, it's a resistance issue.....If we're just talking about different bulbs here.

Needs a 6 ohm 50 watt resistor.

He needs to remove the 1156 bulbs and replace them with 1073.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom