Fixing a crack in a dashboard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a slight crack in my dash and a couple little minor things, and other than dumping tons of cash, is there a way anyones tried that works out. its a slight crack and its pissing me off. :bang:

maybe use leather conditioners to soften it up enough to pull closed by hand, (this would probably take several weeks-make sure to use a window shade to prevent the crack from growing) and then use super glue (the really thin stuff) to glue it closed.

I know superglue was used in vietnam as an alternative to stitches because it almost instantly bonds tissue together (I'd assume it would work on the leather).

Reactions: RFB
New dash pad from used cruiser in better shape would be way I'd go

New dash pad from used cruiser in better shape would be way I'd go
I hear ya, but other than this slight crack its perfect.

I have one centered with the steering wheel. I adjusted the tilt up so I don't see it :hillbilly:.

Mine has 3 or 4 deep and wide splits the biggest centered over the steering wheel. Doesn't really bother me. If it starts to bug me I'll just throw on a cheap cover and call it a day. I'm more focused on the things that make me go, steer and stop right now.

Mine has 3 or 4 deep and wide splits the biggest centered over the steering wheel. Doesn't really bother me. If it starts to bug me I'll just throw on a cheap cover and call it a day. I'm more focused on the things that make me go, steer and stop right now.
Yea Ive already covered all those bases, the reason I ask is its also centered on wheel and the entire dash is mint otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom