FIXED MY "CLUNK"! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It was a really easy fix which is what I am hearing, my pops has been driving the LX450 and he took it into his friend who actually fixed it.

It was the drivetrain oil pan or something to that effect, I'll find out later today and post it up, all it cost was 50 dollars for the part.

Hopefully someone can use this information....

Francis K said:
It was a really easy fix which is what I am hearing, my pops has been driving the LX450 and he took it into his friend who actually fixed it.

It was the drivetrain oil pan or something to that effect, I'll find out later today and post it up, all it cost was 50 dollars for the part.

Hopefully someone can use this information....

Let us know what he fixed, because i don't think there is such a thing as a drivetrain oil pan.

Yes I'm curious to, the clunk has been on my list to fix ever since I got my rig.

Pull your driveshafts apart, clean and re-grease.

tarbe said:
Pull your driveshafts apart, clean and re-grease.

Just be sure to use a "pan" to catch the "drivetrain oil".

What was the fix here??

DougM

IdahoDoug said:
What was the fix here??

DougM

I am guessing the classic Cruiser slip yoke spline grab, and resulting clunk at stop/start.

But there was a detour around a "drivetrain oil pan"..... :confused:

SOMEONE PLEASE find the fix for this clunk.......I have had it for years and I am sick of it. Is it the Driveshaft like Tarbe suggests?? I have heard so many opinions on this... Come on can't we fix this issue that has plagued us for years??
airlaird

When is this guy going to let us know???? Shhhhh its a secret, he's gonna start charging $50.00 per person to find out!

The suspense is killing me. Please let us know what got rid of that pesky darn clunk (PDC). I've been under the truck now for 2 hours looking for that d o p thing ...

Do you think he died? :confused: Now we may never find out.

you wanna get rid of it??? Well then be prepared to take out one of your driveshafts permanently!:grinpimp: The play comes from the t-case I think. Just play in there. Greasing the splines will help, but not for long.

my 91: embrace the clunk:crybaby:
my 93: has no clunk.:)
:cool:

Spydaz dug this out from under the grave 8 months old. :cheers:

FRANCIS??????? What would you bet right after he typed this he jump in the LC and the clunk started again.

Francis say's "No time to type a response, must get Cruiser back to the guy that I paid $50 to fix it, cause...it's ba-----ck!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom