fixed center lockers, sort of????

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by floydturbo, Jun 29, 2005.

1. floydturbo

floydturbo

So I installed the CDL switch today and previously swapped the two indicator switches on the transfer case since the front one was bad and the rear one was good. I shorted the pins on the front switch connector to verify that the instrument cluster light would illuminate. It did. So when I pushed the CDL switch, nothing happened and I could not hear any relays click.

So I disasembled the center diff lock relay which is located to the left of your right foot in the kick panel. I tested each relay and figured out that all three relays were working.

The problem was that I was not getting 12v output to the center diff lock motor, which is pin4 Green/red and pin 1 Green.

I found that if I grounded either pin 10 Green/black or pin 5 Green/yellow the relay would click and I could hear the center diff lock motor running.

Once I manually locked the center diff by grounding pin 10, I was able to lock both my front and rear lockers.

Yahoo, everything works sort of.

I am guessing that there is a bad ground at the center diff lock motor which is pin 4 White/black. I have not verified this, but will crawl under it tonight.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.