**FIXED** 2006 LX470 Infamous Brake Failure| HELP Wanted | Baltimore Maryland | Crypto | Beer | Pizza | etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My issue was fixed with installing Toyota Part # 47070-60010 Price of Purchase at that time: $767.

I had Lexus install it; they charged me $875 (5 hours of labor @ $175 an hour rate)

Total Cost:

$1,642 Total without discount
-$100 Lexus Service Coupon
***$1,542 Final Out the door cost***

Original Post:

HI,

Long story short, got the infamous brake failure: ABS, Brake, VSC off, VSC trac Light on with the LOUD buzzer!

When it first came on 3 days ago in stop and go traffic it went off in less than 10 minutes, fluid levels were fine, brake pressure was good; however, come to last night... it came on and I lost 95% brake functions (thank god for the e-brake,) luckily... knowing that this could be a result I was aware and had full control to stop.

5 hours waiting for a tow truck last night and the call from the shop saying it'll be $5k to fix (replace the whole unit.) this morning....

I think I want to just replace the motor on the bottom of the Master control Unit and go from there.

I can hear the relay kicking (or trying to) on but nothing from the pump. My guess, the motor has failed...

I am looking at doing the job at home in Baltimore Maryland!

So my question is:

Are there any Mud Members that want to come shoot the s*** and help me out? I'm whiling to pay in: Food, drinks, and crypto!

lx470.png

Last edited:
If you have the tools, This video def helps out a ton. This guy took the entire unit out of the truck, But I've read some people have replaced the motor without removing the entire assembly. He also has a video on how to remove the entire assembly from the truck on his page.

If you have the tools, This video def helps out a ton. This guy took the entire unit out of the truck, But I've read some people have replaced the motor without removing the entire assembly.

Thanks!

Reading through a bunch of post and currently going over: Brakes ...... Overdue write-up on brakes

Waiting on the shop to call back to see if they'll work with me and just replace the motor first instead of the whole unit.

I am novice level and confident I could do it alone but, would be nice to have another hand!

Thanks,

Trae

FYI a guy by the name of Andy Le is known to rebuild these. He's got an extensive list of satisfied customers. You just ship everything to him and he does all the work. Might be worth reaching out to him. Not sure if he's here on MUD but I do know he's in the 100 Series Facebook groups. I can pm you his info if you'd like

FYI a guy by the name of Andy Le is known to rebuild these. He's got an extensive list of satisfied customers. You just ship everything to him and he does all the work. Might be worth reaching out to him. Not sure if he's here on MUD but I do know he's in the 100 Series Facebook groups. I can pm you his info if you'd like
That would be good to have, apricate it.

Will be waiting for the DM

So are the Toyota or Lexus variants interchangeable?

Parts: PUMP ASSEMBLY, BRAKE BOOSTER WITH ACCUMULATOR

TOYOTA 47070-60010

Lexus 47070-60010

Thanks,

Trae
Yes, it's all the same between Toyota and Lexus. It's shocking sometimes thought when you see the difference in prices at some dealerships and retailers.

Yes, it's all the same between Toyota and Lexus. It's shocking sometimes thought when you see the difference in prices at some dealerships and retailers.
Yeah, Triple-A wanted to just replace the WHOLE unit, which I get. But for $4700 in parts (even thought the part from Lexus is $3500?) and $300 in Labor, no thank you.

Just spoke to the Lexus service department manager and explained the situation.

He's going to see if either: he can price match the Toyota variant on the Lexus part or Just install the certified Toyota part since they're interchangeable.

He is also talking to his techs, to ensure he gets me a labor estimate... Since labor is $175 an hour!!!

Yes, Andy Le would be a great resource to rebuild the whole unit while you're at it, but it does sound like that
Yeah, Triple-A wanted to just replace the WHOLE unit, which I get. But for $4700 in parts (even thought the part from Lexus is $3500?) and $300 in Labor, no thank you.

Just spoke to the Lexus service department manager and explained the situation.

He's going to see if either: he can price match the Toyota variant on the Lexus part or Just install the certified Toyota part since they're interchangeable.

He is also talking to his techs, to ensure he gets me a labor estimate... Since labor is $175 an hour!!!
I think Andy Le would be the way to go to rebuild the whole unit while you're at it, and then just install the new motor/accumulator. At least that's what I would do cost-wise. It would basically be a whole new unit as far as I know except for the reservoir (with massive cost savings). If you're desperate to get it back on the road and money isn't a huge concern, go with the dealer.

Just FYI... I've had no luck with getting a dealer to honor another dealer's prices. I've heard people talk about that, but I've had no success in the Phoenix area so far. Be aware that many dealers have online pricing that is often cheaper than what it would be if you just walked up to the parts counter.

Yes, Andy Le would be a great resource to rebuild the whole unit while you're at it, but it does sound like that

I think Andy Le would be the way to go to rebuild the whole unit while you're at it, and then just install the new motor/accumulator. At least that's what I would do cost-wise. It would basically be a whole new unit as far as I know except for the reservoir (with massive cost savings). If you're desperate to get it back on the road and money isn't a huge concern, go with the dealer.

Just FYI... I've had no luck with getting a dealer to honor another dealer's prices. I've heard people talk about that, but I've had no success in the Phoenix area so far. Be aware that many dealers have online pricing that is often cheaper than what it would be if you just walked up to the parts counter.

I'll send a message over to, Andy.

Given that I live in the city, not certain if I want to undertake the task or not... I read somewhere someone can pull it off in 10 minutes, doubt I can.

But luckily, I have time and another ride...

So we'll see what Lexus says on the price match.

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time!
😂😂 Right!?

I did have luck with Toyota not to long ago.

I paid them for a coolant flush ($115) but I also brought the heater T's with me and them replaced at the same time.

$41 (labor) to replace.

I was ok with the price and convenience.

Alright,

CAN CONFIRM: Toyota Part # 47070-60010 Is the correct part, even for Lexus.

You could get the cheaper one with just the motor; however, I read where a user did that and had an issue with the accumulator. So, just get the one I got, so you don't have to do the job twice like him!

1631402891137.png

She is fixed!

Lexus charged 5 hours of labor @ $175 an hour ($875) to change out the ABS motor/pump/accumulator.

I had to replace the two rear calipers (2 years old) due to seized bleed screws on both? Luckily, they're new and under Rock Auto warranty... And Lexus only charged me 1 hour of labor to change them out.

So in total I spent:

Parts:
$767 - ABS motor/pump/accumulator from Toyota
$171 - 2 rear brake calipers from Rock Auto (Should get ALL back in store credit due to warranty)

Labor:
$875 - ABS Motor Replacement
$175 - Rear Caliper replacement

Total:
$1,988
-$100 Lexus Services coupon
$1,888 (would have only been $1,542 if I didn't have to replace both rear calipers)

A lot better than the $5,000 bill Triple A wanted to charge.

Last edited:
Alright,

She is fixed! Lexus charged 5 hours of labor @ $175 an hour ($875) to change out motor/pump/accumulator

Expensive but not too terrible, I was able to do this last time in about 3 hours. Granted I knew what to do and I had a scanner which was able to bleed the abs as well. Glad to see you’re back on the road

Expensive but not too terrible, I was able to do this last time in about 3 hours. Granted I knew what to do and I had a scanner which was able to bleed the abs as well. Glad to see you’re back on the road
Oh, I forgot to add the $100 off Lexus coupon! ha, so $1,888 Total but yeah, it was a pretty penny; however, to be fair, if the calipers didn't crap out, it would have only been $1,542.

But, for me, convenience was the best route.

Glad to be back in the LX... Been driving a 2015 Honda CRV as of late.... Yeah... Not the same LOL

The other reason I get the work done at Lexus & Toyota dealerships. Resell? ha. maybe? idk?

But If I go to sell it, I have stacks on stacks of records :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom