Fix rake with other coils ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before I consider going to 16x10 wheels , I'd like to address the downward rake . I have a light-front , med-rear OME lift . This lift is more than enough for me , and I only have an inch or less clearance in the condo undergound parking as it is so ...

What about avoiding putting 1" spacers up front by trying medium springs up front as instead ? Would they provide any more lift over the light springs I have in there now ? If so , I guess that might help level things out ... as long as it doesn't bring the front up 'too' much .

What do you guys think ?

Tyler,
Do a search on "lift mathematics". I put my height in from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender in there. I had nothing up front and the 850 springs in at that time. This should help you see what the springs will do for you.

Incidently there was another thread out there with a different way of measuring height but I'm preety sure I botched that one.

Why are so many bothered by the rake of the vehicle? I believe the 80 was designed with rake. It is there for a reason.
Sean

Can't really explain 'why' the rake disturbs me slightly . I think my sense of asthetics feels that a nose down attitude is should be the domain of drag racers :D . Along this line of logic , the LC should sure be level ; especially being 'full time' 4WD . Secondly , as I don't appear to have the same clearance in the front as rear , I get a little nervous considering 16x10's . Thought if I could knock the front up level , I might alleviate some of that anxiety , along with it's underlying rub issues :slap:

Rick , I checked out the measurements in that thread . My rear is 23 , and your unloaded front is 23.5 . Thats a back rake of .5" . Maybe if I phoned Slee he might be able to sell me a perfect kit that with create a really level lift , similar to the height I have now .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom