Fix or replace rear bumper on 2016? Looking for suggestions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't see any prices, lead times, anything on the Dissent site for 200 bumpers...

We're working on that! I promise :D If you reach out via the contact form on the website, FB or IG messenger, or give us a call we'd be happy to answer any questions and provide photos. But getting better content and online ordering are coming soon.

I would definitely get an aftermarket bumper. There are quite a few options. Slee and Dissent both offer bumpers without swing outs and both can be added later. Dissent and Slee both offer aluminum options (I think). The problem with repairing the OEM bumper is that it will most certainly keep getting damaged. It's just too easy.
Thanks for the mention!
I believe the slee aluminum is not compatible with swing out and I also believe the steel can only be ordered with swings. We do design ours to be easily added at a later date while still looking good without them. With our dual shear hinge system it allows there to not be a spindle on the bumper when the swings are removed. I will say that from our experience 99.9% that order without swings end up adding at least one in the future so having that option is a huge plus.
Another huge consideration for any one that tows would be the location of the trailer plug, you can see in the top photo where we relocate the factory plug. Also note the full wrap under wings that wrap all the way under to the frame, while this adds a fair bit of complexity to the manufacturing process we feel it worth it for the amount of rigidity it adds as well as the smooth surface for sliding off obstacles.

D3A15A68-2C78-41D0-AF8B-8B33EC42F9C7.jpeg

2E81B88F-4E4C-4BD9-9732-65A4E3011530.jpeg

A87E3A85-E56F-416E-BE59-A511940E6A71.jpeg

92395A0E-61D5-4567-8F45-37CCE3A02D1A.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the mention!
I believe the slee aluminum is not compatible with swing out and I also believe the steel can only be ordered with swings. We do design ours to be easily added at a later date while still looking good without them. With our dual shear hinge system it allows there to not be a spindle on the bumper when the swings are removed. I will say that from our experience 99.9% that order without swings end up adding at least one in the future so having that option is a huge plus.
Another huge consideration for any one that tows would be the location of the trailer plug, you can see in the top photo where we relocate the factory plug. Also note the full wrap under wings that wrap all the way under to the frame, while this adds a fair bit of complexity to the manufacturing process we feel it worth it for the amount of rigidity it adds as well as the smooth surface for sliding off obstacles.

View attachment 2703997

View attachment 2703999

View attachment 2704001

View attachment 2704003
Group buy?

Thanks for the mention!

View attachment 2703997

View attachment 2703999

View attachment 2704001

View attachment 2704003

Pure sex!

I knew that was coming but it's totally understandable.

Thanks for the mention!

View attachment 2703997

View attachment 2703999

View attachment 2704001

View attachment 2704003

Thanks for the clarification Ben. It’s hard to keep up with who offers what these days.

I was a little worried at first that the swing outs would make accessing the rear hatch a pain in the ass, but it is muscle memory now. I don’t even think about it. Occasionally I will park too close to something but I have actually found that the way the camera relo changed the angle, the red line provides a good gauge for where the swing outs will clear.

I love the flexibility of the swing outs though and put them to good use:

98CE1B9E-795F-45DD-B51E-00410C7256D1.jpeg

We like being able to hang things from the little offsets on the top. Not sure if this was a conscious design choice but thats what we use it for:

21EB3952-379F-461C-AB7F-E817D630D6D5.jpeg

Don't see any prices, lead times, anything on the Dissent site for 200 bumpers...
Contact them by phone or the trough the contact form in their website and they are very responsive. They’ll send you lead time information and a pricing sheet.

I want to order some, but my build budget is dry. The rear corner departure angle on the stock bumper bites.

Thanks for the mention!

View attachment 2703997

View attachment 2703999

View attachment 2704001

View attachment 2704003
Dissent’s rear bumper is a thing of beauty and super stout. I am in the group that initially didn’t get swing outs and knew at some point down the road I’d be adding them. The flexibility and modularity of the Dissent bumper is second to none. Being able to select specific swing outs and easily swap them out is a game changer. Looking forward to adding those swing outs soon.

E85732F7-07C8-4CB5-B930-AC8C7B2E2685.jpeg

Can y’all give a ballpark price for a rear bumper with swing outs from dissent? Lag time? I had someone rear end my rear bumper. Hit and run. Looking to replace with armor.

Can y’all give a ballpark price for a rear bumper with swing outs from dissent? Lag time? I had someone rear end my rear bumper. Hit and run. Looking to replace with armor.

Here are some of the prices Ben sent me earlier this year, not sure if these prices still stand given supply cost increases but it's a solid ball park for you.

LC200 aluminum rear bumper-$1700
Tire carrier with aluminum risers and flip up table-$750.
Accessory arm with ladder risers and accessory panels-$750.
ARB jack mout and locking jack door-$600.
Combo stop tail turn and reverse lights-$350.
Sandblast/primer/black satin texture powder coating-$350-400.

So roughly $2400 for the base bumper (no swing outs) with lights and powder coat before tax, install and/or freight or $4500 loaded out.

Roughly $4500 for a loaded out bumper coated and shipped. That being said the prices are highly dependent on options.
If you send a email using the contact link on our website requesting a lc200 order form/price list we can send that over, that will have all the individual pricing on all options along with order instructions.
thanks!

Having not filed a claim for my rear bumper damage I am curious as to what it costs to replace a rear OEM bumper - the bumper skin is pretty cheap...

I’d bet 1500 to 2k. My truck is already on its second bumper. It was rear ended prior to my purchase. Hoping to stop the bumper replacement cycle with some iron. Also want to add a LRA tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom