Fitting 37s on a 2.5 inch lift... (Pics inside) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I don't post here a lot but I do lurk a lot. I always wanted to try fitting 37s on my HDJ81 but everyone was saying that you needed around 4 inchs of lift.

My truck has the 2.5 inch OME basic lift kit and it fits 37s like a glove. An extra inch of lift would be nice but this will work. Low and stable~!

I removed front mudflaps for extra clearance, I can drive around in circles at full lock and there is no rubbing. At full flex there is only a little bit of rubbing (I would describe it as "Kissing") lol.

206044_10152042821550262_1358359064_n.jpg

Lowering the bumpstops a little bit or doing some trimming of the stock flares inside the wheel well would probably elminate all my rubbing on the trail. The key is properly backspaced wheels. These tires look very big with this little of lift :)

Its a 1HD-T diesel, stock gears, but the motor seems to like the challenge lol... Does 120km/h on the Highway no problem at all.

Cheers!

what width tires and what backspacing on the rims? i could easily rub 33s on my 2.5 lift.

Wheels are 15x8 wagon wheels from an older chevy I think. I would guess 3.5 back spacing. Stock wheels with a 1 inch wheel spacer would give you similar results. Tires are 37x12.50 Goodyear MTR (older style)

I'd love to see what this thing looks like next to mine on stock suspension w/ 33's, lol. When are you going offroading next? Looks beefy Tyler!

My friends and I are going to Rennie this weekend! All weekend! You should come. You would easily out-crawl me with your lockers! Text me if you want!

That sounds great, but I'm busy this weekend. I'd really like to get sliders before playing in the rocks too, lol. Next time.

Looks really good. As I'm planning to head in the same direction, this gives me more hope. Thanks for posting.

Just remember, don't be a putty about it.

Put the 37s on and cut anything that gets in the way.

Lol. You don't have to cut much with a 2.5 inch lift. Nothing that would you be able to notice from looking at it normally.

And Ian I thought the factory Aluminium running boards were great sliders? Lol

did you have you sway bars still on .. ?

did you have adjustable panhards .?

I can rub in the rear with my 315 toyos at the inner fender if I want to ..

Thanks guys, and Tapage... both sway bars still connected, stock panhards.

The fronts don't rub at all after I trimmed a small peice of the flare away (like a square inch)

The rears rub a bit on the rear mud-flaps. I think one more inch of lift or drop the bump stops would fix this.

Looks good. Is the rubbing just with Daily Driving? You'll have to let us know how it is off road. I am running a full slee 4" kit and I rub at full stuff in the rear frame and the top of my front spring perches with 315's

It does not rub at all with daily driving. I have driven into a few ditches slowly on purpose without rubbing aswell (to test flex)

I am pretty pleased with it, however like Tapage said if my sway bars with disco'd than it would rub very bad i'm sure.

This weekend I am going rock crawling at a local trail. So I will report how she does after :)

You know, the title says "pics", but there's only one pic so far...

And Ian I thought the factory Aluminium running boards were great sliders? Lol

If either of you guys feel like shipping your take-off aluminum running boards to the states hit me up. :beer:

I want more info on this. I'm probably going to run a 4 inch iron man with 37s but I like the look of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom