Fishing/Wheeling trip - June 22-26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
bcfishingreports.com
As many of you know, I am an avid flyfisher. In fact, flyfishing is probably the hobby that I am most passionate about. I have heard mention amongst Club members that a flyfishing/wheeling trip would be interesting.

I am planning a multi-day camping/flyfishing/wheeling trip into the Roche Lake area this year from June 22-26. The minimum number of days that I would like to spend there would be three. But this area, if you are unfamiliar with it, is close enough to even do a day trip for those crazy (or youthful) enough...and yes, I've done that in the past. :D

This area offers several lakes to explore and fish. Roche Lake is the most popular of the group due to its easy access, large campgrounds, and on site resort. But there are also a few other lakes that take a little more determination to get to, but are considered to be trophy lakes with the potential of producing 5lb+ rainbow trout on the fly. These are the ones that I would like to camp, wheel and fish in.

If there are any of you who are thinking about getting into flyfishing, and would like a little bit of a hand getting started...this would be a great opportunity for some on the water instruction. I'm not going to call myself an "expert"...but I've been doing this for a while and I even used to work at a well-known local flyfishing store.

So I thought I'd put this out for those of you who are interested to ponder...so that you'll have enough time to plan. Cheers.

If I'm here, I'm definitely THERE!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom