First wheeling trip with my FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well after spending what seems like every weekend working on my 60 since it came home I finally got to run some trails.

Headed up to Idaho Springs and ran Barbour Forks on a clean up run with Front Range 4X4. Also did Devils Canyon which ended up being a snowy adventure. Was pretty impressed with how much of the trails I was able to run in 2LO.

Now for some pictures.

Some flex poser shots.

Feb202006003.jpg

Feb202006065.jpg

Feb202006063.jpg

Camp on Devil's Canyon with Mount Evans in the background.

Feb202006073.jpg

Feb202006086.jpg

Heading out the next day.

Feb202006100.jpg

Feb202006102.jpg

Feb202006103.jpg

Had to cut down a bunch of aspens that fell under the weight of the snow. Took a straggler with me.

Feb202006108.jpg

Sweet pics! Crazy seeing the snow still! Haha!

You reminded me I need to do that 2LO mod. I was amazed what I could go up in 2WD with my Aussie locker in the rear...can't imagine having 2LO! What were the extra steps that were needed for our 84s? I think I remember reading something. I think I'll do this over the weekend since I'm still waiting on my oil pump to show up.

I love the way your front bumper turned out! I've been thinking of getting mine changed and sticking a winch plate on it. What are your plans for the rear bumper?

You got a thread for your hand throttle install? I found the parts, but looks like some custom fab needs to be done.

I hope to get up north and hit a Front Range 4x4 run one of these days...you should come down for one of the CO Land Cruiser runs too...

i like your 60. a lot. except your drivers headlight?

You reminded me I need to do that 2LO mod. I was amazed what I could go up in 2WD with my Aussie locker in the rear...can't imagine having 2LO! What were the extra steps that were needed for our 84s? I think I remember reading something. I think I'll do this over the weekend since I'm still waiting on my oil pump to show up.

I love the way your front bumper turned out! I've been thinking of getting mine changed and sticking a winch plate on it. What are your plans for the rear bumper?

You got a thread for your hand throttle install? I found the parts, but looks like some custom fab needs to be done.

2LO mod is pretty much the same as any other 60. I just had another bracket to remove that was not listed in the original thread. I think with a locker in the back I might not have needed 4WD at all. Well maybe in a couple spots.

Still debating on a rear bumper. Probably pick up either a 4X4 labs kit.

At some point the part #'s for the hand throttle changed. The cable screws right in and so does the bracket. Only issue is that the bracket and cable don't line up properly. It seems like the new cable is too long. The cable works without the bracket but might function better with it.

I ordered my hand throttle parts from Cruiser Dan.

2Lo + rear locker = happy times :)

Don't park your rig in downtown Boulder with your plate in the front window. The cops don't care, but it costs $50 if the cranky meter maid finds you. I have discovered this with two cars now. ;)

I used hose clamps to mount mine on the front bumper of my BJ42 and never had another problem.

Don't park your rig in downtown Boulder with your plate in the front window. The cops don't care, but it costs $50 if the cranky meter maid finds you. I have discovered this with two cars now. ;)

Man, that's dumb!

I did the 2LO mod this morning! Can't wait to try it out!

Yes it is dumb. One meter maid (I've met him; there may be another one on The Hill) is a stickler for them being on the bumper. That is the law, but nobody but him cares about it.

As I said, hose clamps on the brush guard work great. And 2-lo with a locker is the s***! :D

2Lo + rear locker = happy times :)

I used hose clamps to mount mine on the front bumper of my BJ42 and never had another problem.

I avoid Boulder like the plague. :meh:

One of these days I'll zip tie it to something.

I remember the first time I took my rig wheeling. It's an addiction man, you are now hooked.

nice! Went up to Left hand the other day and got a bit muddy...

polarweasel said:
Yes it is dumb. One meter maid (I've met him; there may be another one on The Hill) is a stickler for them being on the bumper. That is the law, but nobody but him cares about it.

As I said, hose clamps on the brush guard work great. And 2-lo with a locker is the s***! :D

Cherry creek north is the same make sure you have a front plate on your bumper for some reason that doesn't apply to luxury European cars.

cruiserAUS said:
Cherry creek north is the same make sure you have a front plate on your bumper for some reason that doesn't apply to luxury European cars.

I expect that has to do with the relative likelihood that a lawyer is driving each vehicle. ;)

They seem to be fairly egalitarian about it here. They're dicks to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom