Builds First Toyota... 1983 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@chandlerhayes01 Just giving you a friendly hard time. There's a minority of folks that like their Webers so it's not like you're totally alone. And as a person driving and building my 60 on a budget, I totally understand the "one thing at a time" approach. Do what ya can.

@chandlerhayes01 Just giving you a friendly hard time. There's a minority of folks that like their Webers so it's not like you're totally alone. And as a person driving and building my 60 on a budget, I totally understand the "one thing at a time" approach. Do what ya can.
My weber 38 works great....

Yea it’s all good! I will get to it eventually lol. The list continues to grow….

Where is a good place to sort just the cone washers for the hubs? When they switched to the superwinch ones they discarded them

We stock them by the thousands @ Cruiser Outfitters :D

We have them loose (choose OEM or aftermarket) or in stud kits (again OEM or aftermarket)

Get some nice new Acorn nuts while you're at it.

IMG_9458.jpg

Out of curiosity what is the benefit of running an Aisin carb over the Weber?
This is a good way to flood the thread with comments haha! I’ve never run a Weber on my 60, but I’ve also never had a problem with a rebuilt Aisin. The key is rebuilt. Any carb that’s old and gunked up won’t run right.

Here’s stuff I’ve read about Webers here on Mud though:
-fuel starvation off camber when wheeling
-DIY creativity needed for throttle linkages
-Obviously doesn’t work with smog components
-Flow is not actually better than the original Aisin (somebody around here tested them both on a flow table)
-Things breaking
-difficult to get tuned just right

By comparison, every time I slap a rebuilt Aisin on a 2F it just works. Adjusting the idle mixture is easy and it just goes. Every couple months there’s a post about “how do I get my Weber to run right?”

This is a good way to flood the thread with comments haha! I’ve never run a Weber on my 60, but I’ve also never had a problem with a rebuilt Aisin. The key is rebuilt. Any carb that’s old and gunked up won’t run right.

Here’s stuff I’ve read about Webers here on Mud though:
-fuel starvation off camber when wheeling
-DIY creativity needed for throttle linkages
-Obviously doesn’t work with smog components
-Flow is not actually better than the original Aisin (somebody around here tested them both on a flow table)
-Things breaking
-difficult to get tuned just right

By comparison, every time I slap a rebuilt Aisin on a 2F it just works. Adjusting the idle mixture is easy and it just goes. Every couple months there’s a post about
Can O worms opened!
The weber is working fine right now so im going to go with it until i can get a rebuild Aisin. Honestly its not too high on the priority list. There are a lot of other things i am going to try and tackle. Feel free do discuss carbs, its all good.

Can anyone help me identify these springs so I can get the correct bushings for them? The are ome and they say Dakar on them

Any help is greatly appreciated

View attachment 3267667

View attachment 3267668

If they are OME or Emu Dakar, you need one of these per leaf spring:

(We have many other options that fit too)

Have the OME bushings improved in quality? When I had a set of OME disintegrate about 10 years back I switched to Energy Suspension.

I've never had that kind of issues with them, sold thousands. We see as many issues (generally related to non compatible grease) with OME as we do with the Energy Suspension, Daystar, SuperPro and Dobinsons poly products we stock.

I've got 10-15 year old bushings on my personal 40, still tight and solid.

I've never had that kind of issues with them, sold thousands. We see as many issues (generally related to non compatible grease) with OME as we do with the Energy Suspension, Daystar, SuperPro and Dobinsons poly products we stock.

Good to know.

From what i can tell mine disintegrated. But it looks like lubrication was never introduced into the bushings. So i imagine that was the culprit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom