Builds First Toyota... 1983 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grease packed in on one side

A6A6C1D6-C2BC-4EC2-983A-52BAF6067E98.jpeg

We can set you up with some loose split-rings. Ping our parts team. Info@cruiseroutfitters.com

We stock wheel bearings (Koyo and Timken) and the nee OEM oil pan too.

Little update:

1. Got a new oil pan order from Cruiserteq.com they were cool evnough to throw in the split rings i needed.
2. Ordered LED dash lights and new rheostat
3. Waiting on wheel bearings and steering links to come in.
4. Found out my gas tank recall i still valid
5. Trying to get some things buttoned up this weekend if all the parts show up. Going hog hunting friday night so hopefully i will get a full day in Saturday.

:cool:

When you book it in for the tank recall, provide your dealer with a new pickup tube and sending unit, which they will reinstall for free because the tech has to remove the old ones. Those are not covered in the recall and your orginals will likely be in rough shape. You can still buy the pickup and sending unit new.

When you book it in for the tank recall, provide your dealer with a new pickup tube and sending unit, which they will reinstall for free because the tech has to remove the old ones. Those are not covered in the recall and your orginals will likely be in rough shape. You can still buy the pickup and sending unit new.
That is really helpful. Thank you

Got some more of the knuckles put together today. Found out I was missing the cone washer from where a previous owner had installed the superwinch hubs. Also, realized I only ordered 1 Aisin locking hub. So ordering another one and the cone washers. Rheostat did arrive and I installed it.

9DA81956-DB7C-472B-B315-996E24ADCBDA.jpeg

Today I got a few things done… cut out the rust on the rear part of the frame that was hidden behind the bumper. Played around with the dash lights and got all of them working correctly. Finally I pulled out the steering linkage to start rebuilding it with the new ends. For the bumpers I think I’m going to go back with using channel iron or something similar. Nothing fancy.

Does anyone have experience cutting the part of the rocker panels that hang down about and inch or so? Mine is pretty beat up and I was thinking about cutting it off and putting rock sliders in it’s place.

Thanks

😎🤙🏼

FFC38B46-02AD-4B5A-9CD1-50C6A6B4E540.jpeg

18BC8E30-6540-4357-A2B2-F1D626E76CEB.jpeg

800463E8-0436-4026-9742-2CFE068649A7.jpeg

742F120C-5272-41C2-8574-BCD265D49809.jpeg

0721356F-E1AC-4AC7-9893-7060E2385B27.jpeg

dash lights look great, but that knuckle looks overpacked. should be only 3/4 full.

1677855219983.png

15777 is just a straight piece, get it from any auto parts store.
yes... ^^^this, 5/8th inch heater hose.

I’ve been kinda slack lately due to work and other obligations. I scooped some of the grease out of the knuckles. Ordered the other hub. This past weekend I got the oil cooler reinstalled, oil pan installed, new spark plugs and filled the oil. Since the hubs had been switched out at some point I’m missing come washers and will have to order those. I plan on trying to work on the steering this week. Currently I’m soaking everything in kroil oil. I’m sure there are a couple other things I forgot to mention. I do need to find some bumpers for it. I plan on keeping an eye out in the classified section.

😎🤙🏼

11180702-F500-40CD-9505-E121809BABC1.jpeg

96327642-A65D-4236-868A-A06A8159202B.jpeg

@chandlerhayes01 You've now exposed yourself as a Weber carb guy with that last photo. Get ready for the hate incoming in 3, 2, 1...

(really though, go with a rebuilt OEM Aisin carb! :)

@chandlerhayes01 You've now exposed yourself as a Weber carb guy with that last photo. Get ready for the hate incoming in 3, 2, 1...

(really though, go with a rebuilt OEM Aisin carb! :)
I guess I will have to take it until I get around to changing it out lol. I’m doing what I can with my funds I have available. I will look into it! Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom