First TLC, First Post, I'm loving it... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy Dudes, bought my first TLC yesterday and wanted to stop in to show it off. Thanks to everyone in this forum, the info I learned here helped in my decision making.

She's a 1999, purchased her with 112k miles, and with the full service (timing belt, water pump, etc.) just complete. I searched for more than a month for the right cruiser, and ended up taking this beaut from a nice lady in central Florida. Flew down to Tampa, bought it, and drove her back to ATL.

p3200053.jpg

By cgriff25ss at 2011-03-21

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got home in time to load the fam for a short ride. After work today, spent the few hours removing the dealership installed brush guards. I also removed the running boards...man, what a difference. Interior is in great shape considering the age.

I'm hoping to add a lift and a new set of tires in the coming week or two.The truck does feel top heavy, so I believe she's due for a coils/springs/lift upgrade. From there, perhaps sliders. Will take me a while to muster up all the cash, but I'm looking forward to building a rig I can take to the woods on a hunt, camping, or to the beach for a family vacation.

:cheers:

I felt like it was a reasonable purchase amount, especially considering it came with a receipt from a 2k major service. Even called the local dealership to double verify all the services.

Last edited:
Rear locker? Be careful withh that front diff i have nightmares about blowing mine.. Thats a hell of a deal with or without the locker and a sweet color to bat...congrats

Might want to consider removing that hood wind deflector...

Very Good buy! I love my 98 TLC. I wish i could use it as my DD but with premium @ $3.75 its a weekend toy at the moment!

has the rear locker. She won't see any serious off roading anytime soon. That is, I won't be climbing any rocks in the near future.

The LC is my primary vehicle, so I'll need to find the right balance of upgrades for both comfort/looks and off road utility.

With the kiddo you might want to think about some step sliders. I have a near-identical 99 but mine is blue and when the kid gets a few pounds heavier getting them into the middle seat is not so easy and so I'm going to have to do the step sliders soon. The TLC makes for a great family road-trip vehicle. Congrats on a great deal.

Congrats and welcome!!

Congrats, heckuva deal!!

Picking mine up friday in Memphis. Will be my first 100 series.

...spent the few hours removing the dealership installed brush guards. I also removed the running boards...man, what a difference. Interior is in great shape considering the age.

Your 'Mud education is already showing, Griffin-san. :D

Great looking cruiser and one hell of a great price considering the mileage and service reciepts. For comparison, I paid $15,400 out the door for my '00 w/ 134500 miles...listed at $12,990 but the stealership added in alot of fees, and the tax damn near killed me. But, I got the cruiser I wanted.

Great job on being patient and finding the right rig. Looks clean! :cheers:

Congrats, heckuva deal!!

Picking mine up friday in Memphis. Will be my first 100 series.

Where in Memphis? I'm a local....post a pic of your new ride!

:beer:

Sell it now, while you still can.

Your 'Mud education is already showing, Griffin-san. :D

Great looking cruiser and one **** of a great price considering the mileage and service reciepts. For comparison, I paid $15,400 out the door for my '00 w/ 134500 miles...listed at $12,990 but the stealership added in alot of fees, and the tax **** near killed me. But, I got the cruiser I wanted.

Great job on being patient and finding the right rig. Looks clean! :cheers:

There was a black and white TLC I looked hard at, both from stealerships. I struggled with it, honestly, but could not pass up the deal on a green one. After seeing her in person, I am completely happy with the color.

Thanks all for the welcome. Being my first TLC, not to mention I am mechanically challenged, I'll be trolling this forum with the random question of two from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom