First time cruiser-er (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! Recently acquired a 76 fj55 from the wife’s grandparents. It had been sitting since ‘89 and the motor was pulled in the early 90s and,as far as I could tell, was taken apart and forgotten about in an out building.

I’m going the 350 route with the old girl and have been shopping around for a bell housing, or adapter to mate it to the stock transmission. I’ve been looking through advanced adapters and the Mark’s 713025 kit seems to be the way to go.

Are these kits something you can come across second hand in this site?

Also, I’ve got a pile of 2f parts up for grabs

28E96CEF-CE5F-44A0-B76D-1717E3FBDBDA.jpeg

Welcome to the madness :cheers:. I will enjoy watching your build, assuming you keep us updated with pics and info. Check out the classifieds section for anything you are looking for. There are tons of great people and resources here on MUD. If you need it, someone here either has one or has seen someone with one. The classifieds is where you will want to post your 2F items for sale. Include pricing (not in the title) and lots of pics. We like pics!

Welcome to the madness :cheers:. I will enjoy watching your build, assuming you keep us updated with pics and info. Check out the classifieds section for anything you are looking for. There are tons of great people and resources here on MUD. If you need it, someone here either has one or has seen someone with one. The classifieds is where you will want to post your 2F items for sale. Include pricing (not in the title) and lots of pics. We like pics!
Alright! Thanks!

Chris

Have you considerd an SM420 or 465 4-speed if you are going to do a SBC. And an NV4500 could be a big improvement. Nothing wrong with stock, just considering the hurdle of getting the H42 adapted, and the effort of locating motor mounts.

Screw it, toss a tuned 6BT Cummins in it.

I've got a Advance adapter bellhousing kit that I never used. It is a new kit still in the box. Part #712532. If interested shoot me a Pm

Long time no talk! I’ve been busy collecting money parts. I now have the Mark’s adapter kit, an almost built, clutch and an almost built 350 (waiting for a few more things to come in).

I now need help with motor mount placement. I have an extra 350 block, would it be wise to use that to mock things up instead of monkeying with a complete engine?

Lastly, is there a transmission mount? I got this rig with things already taken apart and it’s currently being held up by a couple cinder blocks. The Marks kit had an extra bracket with it I wasn’t too sure about, wondering if it could be intended for the transmission

Thanks!

Chris

20E70001-D3C3-46E6-8AD5-513642F26954.jpeg

I am not familiar with the kit you describe, but that looks like, because of the holes in it, a motor mount that would bolt to the bell housing. My guess the 2 smaller holes in the horizontal line could be for the clutch slave cylder.

I am not familiar with the kit you describe, but that looks like, because of the holes in it, a motor mount that would bolt to the bell housing. My guess the 2 smaller holes in the horizontal line could be for the clutch slave cylder.
That would make sense, thanks!

The kit is from Advanced adapters, the Marks 4wd 4spd to SBC v8. It allows me to keep my drive lines. Seemed to be the best route for me

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom