First time 100 seeies owner lots of questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WRO

Threads
Not new to Toyota, but new to 100 series.

I bought a 2000 100 series with 210k on it for 6k..

Runs like a top but has a laundry list of issues that I need some help with.

1. Sunroof doesn't work and it's in a leaking position.. no noise, going to check fuses tomorrow.

2. Squeaky speedometer cable

3. Broken center console latch.

4. Light bar howl from hell.

5. Alignment is screwed, I've always put ucas on my tacomas, can I do aftermarket on a 100 series?

6. Gas gauge doesn't work

7. Doors hinges are loud.

8. Passenger side front marker light has a broken tab.

9. I need a new interior faux wood kit (preferably not wood 😆)

Any help would be appreciated, also a good 100 series mechanic recommendation for the boise ID area.

20210529_194130.jpg

20210529_193852.jpg

20210529_193852.jpg

Screenshot_20210529-200529_Facebook.jpg

20210529_193830.jpg

Howling light bar.

Also any ideas on the rack manufacturer?

20210529_173228.jpg

Not new to Toyota, but new to 100 series.

I bought a 2000 100 series with 210k on it for 6k..

Runs like a top but has a laundry list of issues that I need some help with.

1. Sunroof doesn't work and it's in a leaking position.. no noise, going to check fuses tomorrow.
- I would search on this. Sounds like stuck cables. Search on the forum for this.
2. Squeaky speedometer cable

3. Broken center console latch.
Carpart.com or parsouq
4. Light bar howl from hell.
Looks like a random generic light bar, tough to tell what the brand is.
5. Alignment is screwed, I've always put ucas on my tacomas, can I do aftermarket on a 100 series?
Yes, they make a few diff UCA's search around
6. Gas gauge doesn't work

7. Doors hinges are loud.
White lithium grease works for me.
8. Passenger side front marker light has a broken tab.

9. I need a new interior faux wood kit (preferably not wood 😆)

Any help would be appreciated, also a good 100 series mechanic recommendation for the boise ID area.
Good luck and welcome.

Reactions: WRO
Your stance looks way off. Rear should only be about 3/4" to 1 " higher than the front. May be contributing to your alignment issue.

Needs new shocks at a minimum, thinking bilstein 5160s.. I've have 8100's on my tacoma and love them..

But I'm open to more options..

Also figured out my door lock actuators don't work.

Wanted a project, may have but off more than I thought 😆..

Last edited:
For a LC mechanic in Boise, contact south to north land cruisers @SNLC.

They're out months fyi..
@WRO did you find a shop you liked? i just tried SNLC and was told years...I've used LTS in the past with pretty good success. Have a few things to do before winter sets in.

Your list of issues won't leave you broken down. It should be listing maintenance items. Should start with that before worrying about your squeaky door.

Any service record for this vehicle?

That suspension looks... rough. May want to revert that back to something closer to factory to make life easy on yourself. A lift beyond ~2" gets you into a lot of extra parts and procedures that might just be noise right now.

UCAs: Plenty of aftermarket options around. OEM Toyota is generally the highest quality, but the aftermarket stuff can be a decent value in the short term. Aftermarket offers adjustment in most cases, which is needed for some lifted 100s.

That suspension looks... rough. May want to revert that back to something closer to factory to make life easy on yourself. A lift beyond ~2" gets you into a lot of extra parts and procedures that might just be noise right now.

UCAs: Plenty of aftermarket options around. OEM Toyota is generally the highest quality, but the aftermarket stuff can be a decent value in the short term. Aftermarket offers adjustment in most cases, which is needed for some lifted 100s.

I replaced the suspension with Ironman foam cell.

It was shot.

Your list of issues won't leave you broken down. It should be listing maintenance items. Should start with that before worrying about your squeaky door.

Any service record for this vehicle?

Not alot, I did all the fluids and have the timing belt scheduled for next month.

It has an aftermarket alarm system that went to sh!t on me and I'm dealing with that.

I hate this thing to be honest and as soon as I get it running I am getting rid of it.

I replaced the suspension with Ironman foam cell.

It was shot.
Are the pictures post-foam cell? Have you gotten an alignment? I'm confused if your response means the alignment was screwed and you recently installed new suspension and therefore the issue is resolved.... or if the lift install has caused your problem.

Are the pictures post-foam cell? Have you gotten an alignment? I'm confused if your response means the alignment was screwed and you recently installed new suspension and therefore the issue is resolved.... or if the lift install has caused your problem.
No it's fixed now, tracks straight and drives nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom