first post - noob question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
first off i'd like to say 'hello' to everyone. have been lurking around the site ever since i got my '96 lx450 2 years ago and you guys have helped me diagnose and fix some issues - so thank you.

i have been searching the forum for an answer to this question all day and have learned quite a few things regarding dash indicator lights and center consoles, but alas no info i need for this problem.

i have lost the lights on the transmission gear indicator next to the shifter on the center console. (1) how do i get to the bulbs and (2) where can i locate a replacement(s)? are they available at pep boys/napa or will this be a dealer item?

thanks in advance for your time.

brasco

Pull the 4 screws on side of console (2 on each side) lift it up. On the driver side under the shifter the bulb twists up and in. Twist it out put in new buld.

There's a light bulb under the console and it's the same bulb used in the glovebox. I went to my local auto parts store for the bulb. I searched here and the catalog at the parts store listed part #74. Unfortunately that part didn't quite fit right because it was a little loose. Everytime the vehicle went over a bump the light would go out. The part # you want is 2721.

raydouble,

thanks for your quick reply. i began to read the first thread you have listed -the no 'd' club- but only the first 2 pages as it seemed to me to be dealing with the 'd' indicator light in the the instrument cluster, and while i am a member of this club i am not ready yet to tackle this project. although post 43 will be very helpful when i do so thanks for pointing me to it.

mister,

thanks to you as well. i pulled up the console today but didnt want to start yanking on things until i had a better idea of what everything was in there.

brasco

raydouble,

thanks for your quick reply. i began to read the first thread you have listed -the no 'd' club- but only the first 2 pages as it seemed to me to be dealing with the 'd' indicator light in the the instrument cluster, and while i am a member of this club i am not ready yet to tackle this project. although post 43 will be very helpful when i do so thanks for pointing me to it.

mister,

thanks to you as well. i pulled up the console today but didnt want to start yanking on things until i had a better idea of what everything was in there.

brasco

Go on, take it a part. The great minds of MUD will help you get it back together, in the off chance you screw it up. :)

Seriously, from some one that is a part time wannabe wrench, the best way is to hop on in with both feet, and try it out. These trucks are very forgiving - or at least mine have been for me.

My D light went out and I tried the smack the console method first... worked for another 5 months before they went out for good. Replaced them using the posts above... and be careful pulling out/puttin in... you can scape up the plastic pretty easy if your not careful.

Welcome to MUD! :)And here is your MUD salute!:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom