First Post, First Documented Build. '71 FJ40 Refurb and Restore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update from Saturday's work

Borrowed a turbo nozzle for my pressure washer. If you don't have one, or don't know what that is, you guys are missing out big time. Single best degreasing tool ever. Just don't get in it's way or it'll slice you open like a razor blade.

photo%201.JPG

So it was another big cleaning day, used the nozzle to strip all the loose crap off the tub and any leftover grease that was on the engine and frame. Not a very glamorous day, but productive and necessary. Tub will be ready for media blasting in a few days.

photo%203.JPG

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

Ready to blast!
photo%204.JPG

Engine block is ready for paint and touch up. All degreased and squeaky clean. It passes the white glove test.

photo%205.JPG

photo%202.JPG

nice truck... you got alot to start out with!!! wish mine looked that good when I started

You ain't kidding! It was a perfect candidate for restoration. There's a ton of cosmetic work to be done, but mechanically she runs like a top!

Thanks for the write up, I'm looking forward to it's completion.

Work's on the FJ has been slow-going this past week, as I've had no free time for it. Luckily today after work I managed to tackle a little bit of engine painting.

All I was able to do throughout the week is degrease all the nooks and crannies of the engine block to ready it for paint. In between rain showers I taped off everything that wasn't supposed to get painted and tonight I finally went at it.

Cheers :beer:

P1010106.JPG

P1010101.JPG

P1010102.JPG

P1010108.JPG

All that's left is to polish up the intake manifold and replace the valve cover. The carb has already been rebuilt, and the valves will be checked and adjusted when the new vc arrives.

*after a quick search, I've come to the realization that I can't find a store that sells a valve cover. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom