First LC, I know where to start, but what do I call it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Willie G Ha! Indeed, this will be fun along with the head scratching and frustration.

@Rusty Marlin and @lumbee1 I’m assuming that’s the culprit, the remainder of an alarm...or possibly a kill switch function. Albeit a horribly located one.

And Rusty - yep, that will open it! It’s also another oddity. Of all of the stacked up dirt, dust, cobwebbed, dirt nested stuff, the tailgate mechanism is absolutely pristine inside of the inspection plates. Other than missing the latch handle, of course.

I don't get this naming cars thing, we call it the truck, or the Landcruiser.

I don't get this naming cars thing, we call it the truck, or the Landcruiser.

Dang...........got any pets? ;)

Dang...........got any pets? ;)
Last three dogs were Hank, Ace, and Sam. I name my kids too... have a bit of an attachment to them, but the truck I could sell tomorrow not look back and get something else or another. The truck is just a tool for a task.

Uh...”what to call it” as in the build :)

Not overlanding, so maybe expedition, just daily driver, etc. As in, where are we taking this thing. On another note, Grand Junction is awesome! I used to spend a weekend or two every month there. I miss it.

Last three dogs were Hank, Ace, and Sam. I name my kids too... have a bit of an attachment to them, but the truck I could sell tomorrow not look back and get something else or another. The truck is just a tool for a task.
Heartless.....I tell you. ;)

Uh...”what to call it” as in the build :)

Not overlanding, so maybe expedition, just daily driver, etc. As in, where are we taking this thing. On another note, Grand Junction is awesome! I used to spend a weekend or two every month there. I miss it.
Call it: "Late for Dinner"

May as well, haha. It started today, so I made it at least 48 hours. Pulled the dash apart and started chasing wires, so I have all but the toggle switch and the increasingly mysterious clicking noise figured out From the interior. Cleaned everything, reinstalled panels, and then...it started.

“Man, I think I’ll probably just get aftermarket wheels. No way am I finding FZJ 16’s for a decent price anyway. Then tires will be easier too, so I’ll just run 33’s. Maybe 35’s? Crud, then the spare won’t fit underneath. I like the aftermarket rear bumpers anyway, and I’ll throw the spare back there. Crap, that’s heavier, probably need suspension at that point. Am I really gonna buy all of that and leave stock height? May as well go with the 2.5” lift while I’m at it. What was that thread again about OME lift rates and what “medium“ really means? What’s a J lift Again? I mean, if I’m doing all of that, may as well get a front bumper as well. Hm, and a winch. It would be dumb to just leave that out. And then....”

All of that in about 90 seconds while drinking a beer with a sprinkler running underneath to start loosening up caked dirt, mud, and dust.

This forum is evil. I love it.

May as well, haha. It started today, so I made it at least 48 hours. Pulled the dash apart and started chasing wires, so I have all but the toggle switch and the increasingly mysterious clicking noise figured out From the interior. Cleaned everything, reinstalled panels, and then...it started.

“Man, I think I’ll probably just get aftermarket wheels. No way am I finding FZJ 16’s for a decent price anyway. Then tires will be easier too, so I’ll just run 33’s. Maybe 35’s? Crud, then the spare won’t fit underneath. I like the aftermarket rear bumpers anyway, and I’ll throw the spare back there. Crap, that’s heavier, probably need suspension at that point. Am I really gonna buy all of that and leave stock height? May as well go with the 2.5” lift while I’m at it. What was that thread again about OME lift rates and what “medium“ really means? What’s a J lift Again? I mean, if I’m doing all of that, may as well get a front bumper as well. Hm, and a winch. It would be dumb to just leave that out. And then....”

All of that in about 90 seconds while drinking a beer with a sprinkler running underneath to start loosening up caked dirt, mud, and dust.

This forum is evil. I love it.
Hi.

My name is @BlutoF15 and I am an addict...........

Heartless.....I tell you. ;)
My kids have a lot more attachment to vehicles. They hated this Landcruiser when I bought it, and were mad that I sold the "brown truck" aka 2011 Tacoma. Maybe if I keep this long enough, my kids will form attachments to it in the memories formed living in it.

Ones I've had attachment to:
Red Van: Conversion van we had in the 90s growing up taking trips in. I was always mad at my Dad for buying it when I was away on a trip to New York, as he bought the short wheel base with the V6 engine, instead of the V8.
Red Trailblazer: Last vehicle my mom bought before she died. My dad still drives it to this day, 15 years later. I need to fix it up for him a bit, but it runs.
Red Subaru Wagon: Spent a lot of time on the side of the road when it broke down with my mom and brothers. It was a 1990 square body DL. I'd buy one just to have for nostalgia.
Brown Van: My Dad bought a 1981 Chevy Cargo van and put shag carpet in it. Front pass seat didn't have a seatbelt. I remember my baby brother's car seat wasn't even tied down, they just jammed it between the front seats. We'd lay down and sleep in the back on long trips.

I guess even as a kid I didn't name cars.

BTW, There's a set of FZJ 16 inch wheels for sale by me in Colorado.

I could pick them up if you want. A trip to Colorado is necessary now that you have an FJ80\\

Much nicer pair here:

There's some nice NPs and wheeling near St. George.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom